• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I've Never Seen Anything Like This

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

She’d gone out early today, which meant walking through the river’s land until she reached the shore. By then, the mist had been burned away by the sun, promising another bright winter day. With a smile, the white woman had taken off on her sunshine wings - made indeed from the light, they could not be used in mist, twilight or other forms of even the slightest darkness. She could still use them with a few clouds in the air, but not if they were getting too many, her wings would falter then. It was still something that she needed to get used to, a lot, because it had been pretty recent that she had lost her feathers for the wings made of light. But she was managing pretty well - she’d ever been such an adaptive woman, hadn’t she?

The sea’s water reflected the light where she crossed, as did the snow when she made it to the field. Not unlike back home, she mused. It was fortunate that she only needed sunlight, not the sun’s heat, to fly, so that she did not have to wait until spring and summer to cross Beqanna as quickly as she was used to before.

Her white, rounded Andalusian figure and sunshine-made wings reflected the snow when she landed, causing a few horses who’d looked up to see who was coming, to turn their eyes. She frowned a bit, and folded them back as best as she could. Although she still sported some kind of halo with the light source on her back, at least others would be able to talk to her without having to constantly look away now.

With a smile, she took in her surroundings from her spot near the sea. Lots of different, small herds were present, temporarily hugging together for the warmth. Ilma always wondered why such horses (mares mostly) didn’t just find a kingdom to join, but perhaps they just didn’t want to mingle with the politics. Yet - Hyaline wasn’t a land for mingling itself with others either, the way she saw it. A neutral mountain land to welcome refugees should not interfere with other horses’ wars, should it? But perhaps they were just scared. One could never know what went on in another’s head if they did not want to talk.

With a shrug, she settled on walking towards a water source. A habit maybe, but a well-based one. Everyone had to drink some water, even those that were on their own, and the Ambassador of the mountain kingdom had flown far enough herself to need a drink, too.

Taking a few sips from the almost-freezing water, slowly, a sip at the time like she was used to in the mountains where the glaciers and snow would chill the lake even worse than this stream could ever be, she lifted her head now and then to listen in to what others were saying, and take in the scents that passed by on the wind. She picked up a murmur of one young girl trying to get into an already existing group. Probably some old cranky lady, Ilma thought with a snort. She tried to ignore them talking, but when she had sated most of her thirst, she followed the scent of a young mare who appeared to be on her own indeed. If she was indeed looking for company, she might be a willing conversation partner, or even a potential recruit.

So, it wasn’t too long until she spotted the filly, almost a mare - Ilma smiled, she sported pegasus wings like she herself used to have, and she reminded her a bit of her son with those colours. Entering with a slow trot, she approached and nickered warmly. ”Hello there. Would you mind some company?” she asked. It might not be the same one that the elder mares had complained about, but she still looked like she wasn’t doing extremely well on her own, and she would be welcome in Hyaline to spend the winter within a kingdom even if she did not want to linger around come spring.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Nalia]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 01:03 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 05:22 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 12:43 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 10:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-09-2018, 04:08 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-09-2018, 04:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-10-2018, 01:08 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-11-2018, 04:37 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-15-2018, 12:06 PM