• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I've Never Seen Anything Like This

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

It takes some time for the words to settle in, in her anger. Time in which Arithmetic gets more words in, fake-apologizing to the other mare for Ilma’s behaviour (but clearly he thinks her anger is amusing, and she swallows whatever she was about to yell at him when she realizes that). Luckily, the painted mare is not ready to believe either of them, remaining wary of the stallion.

Ilma fumes. Her eyes glow with the fury of Tephra’s volcanic lava - had she seen it she would have recognized the similarity. But she takes a breath, ready to speak as the other mare chastises Arithmetic for his way of talking. Her ears remain flat into her untangled mane, her anger now not subsided, but channelled into a creepily calm voice. ”You dare,” she says slowly, in a very soft but oh so cold tone, ”call that love?” she hisses.

He hasn’t moved in her direction, so she closes the distance now; she walkes between the two of them, directing herself at the man who’s ruined the last year-and-a-half of her life, circling him slowly while she talks at him. ”You call it love, to sneak into a kingdom, pretend to be a gentlemen looking for settlement, but when I ask of you to stay and wait because I’m not ready for another foal yet, force it unto me? You call it love to breed a mare who asked you no, not yet, and please don’t do this to me? You call it love to smooth talk but never had the intention to stick around after planting a seed?” she finished her second round around his body, right next to his ear. ”Hit and run, you know, that’s what cowards do.” she spits at him with the hiss of fury between her teeth. Her voice turns to a whisper then, changing to her usual warm tones as if soothing him. ”But I guess you already knew that, because it’s your only way of life. Weren’t you planning on trying the same with her, just now? See if she would be willing?” He’d be out of luck today, wasn’t he now?

Her eyes glance at the painted mare apologetically only for a moment - so far for recruiting today. If she was smart she’d avoid the black dun mustang for the rest of her life, but Ilma had a feeling she had already picked up enough for to understand that. Herself, she had been too naive at he time - never would she make that mistake again. The nightmares, the double feeling of raising Llowell, the fear and hiding during the weeks of her last heat - she wouldn’t wish that on anyone - anyone except the cause of her bad dreams, and now that he was here, she’d not let the opportunity fly to tell him exactly how she felt about him. Sticks and stones? At least the other mare would know not to get involved with this guy. But he might not break from one missed opportunity indeed - perhaps she would need to find herself some stones, then.

Ilma wouldn’t be out to break all of his bones, however. Just the one.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Nalia] too caught up to even introduce herself to Nalia, sorry (:
    @[Arithmetic]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 01:03 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 05:22 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 12:43 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 10:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-09-2018, 04:08 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-09-2018, 04:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-10-2018, 01:08 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-11-2018, 04:37 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-15-2018, 12:06 PM