• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I've Never Seen Anything Like This
    Despite her caution toward Arithmetic, Nalia, ever the optimist, would listen to what he had to say. She would admit she did not appreciate the stallion's attitude, but he had a good point. Especially considering how Nalia felt watching the white mare's display. Calling the stallion out on his past behavior as she circled him before pulling her lips back and spitting on Arithmetic's cheek. Nalia had seen some actions fueled by hatred, but not like that before.

It made her wonder exactly what she was getting into here. Were other horses this angry toward one another elsewhere in this strange land that had called to Nalia like a dam to her foal?

The white mare continued to chastise Arithmetic, uttering foul words one after another. At the mention of how he may have tried to try on Nalia the same actions he forced on the white mare, the grulla filly almost took a step back, but she knew to show weakness wouldn't be wise right now. Not with the stallion in such obvious control.

Did the white mare not realize the situation she was currently in? The fact that she was allowing her emotions to take such hold of her mind meant that even if she thought she was tougher, the stallion had the upper hoof. He had control over her and she didn't seem to know it.

Arithmetic called Nalia out on what he defined as her 'biased' opinion, something the filly wouldn't deny. She wasn't really on the stallion's side, but she was never one to not hear both sides of the story. Blatantly speaking to him in such a tone would possibly only intrigue him, something Nalia didn't want to happen if she planned on getting him to give her space. Whether a few feet or a few miles, it didn't matter. She couldn't play into his hooves.

The conversation between mare and stallion continued for a few more minutes before Arithmetic took his leave. He didn't turn to go immediately, and Nalia had a feeling he was waiting for something. Blowing air from her nostrils, taking a moment to think, it came to the grulla filly. She turned her milk chocolate eyes to the stallion, her gaze bright but like steel as she spoke to him.

"I am not one to behave, bias, as you say. I have more opinions to express, for each of you, but I feel it'd be smart to hold my tongue right about now," she told him. "Whether we meet sooner or later, it was a... pleasure, to make your acquaintance as well." There was a split second of hesitation in Nalia's words; she was still unsure how soon she wanted to meet him again, if at all. "I go by the name Nalia."

@[Ilma] @[Arithmetic]

Messages In This Thread
    I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 01:03 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 05:22 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 12:43 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 10:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-09-2018, 04:08 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-09-2018, 04:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-10-2018, 01:08 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-11-2018, 04:37 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-15-2018, 12:06 PM