• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris]

"love breaks my bones and i laugh."

He does not know why he chooses the victims he does or if there is any sort of pattern to them at all. Perhaps it is because they are trusting and they readily throw themselves within his reach, or maybe they’re just cases of wrong place, wrong time. There’s probably something profound and significant to be discovered if he were to take the time to analyze his past but he has no interest in self-discovery. Instead, he just accepts that Pond is an eager plaything for him to bend and break as he pleases. She always comes circling back to him like the lost girl she is.

Vulgaris had already washed himself clean of the boy’s blood and waited for her like a patient spider. The sound of her sucking in her breath makes his heart jump a little and the corners of his lips curl upward. She’s warm as she presses to his shoulder for comfort and he relishes in the sound of her little cries as she processes what she sees. All the questions come pouring out then and he plucks himself from her side to get a good look at her – he wants to see every second of this.

Oh Pond, you don’t understand?” he coos as he nudges her chin up with his nose so he can stare into her eyes. She’s so small and fragile beneath his gaze and he wonders if he could eat her wings. Would they snap right off like a dry twig or would he just get a mouth full of smog? “He’s dead because of you.

His dark head tilts while his flat green eyes watch every second of her, searching for some way to read her innermost thoughts so he can drink her dread. Vulgaris touches his lips to her forehead like some doting father comforting his weeping child as he sighs. He is disappointed, really, that he cannot rush this scene along. Mourning and loss bores him.

If you hadn’t lead him around here in your little game, he’d be napping with his mother and father right about now.” He feigns a pout and steps away from her again to regard the little carcass once more. Vulgaris looks over the exposed bones, the little notches his teeth had dug out while he chewed idly. Would she scream if he ripped another bite from him now? He wonders, but he does not bring his lips back to the meat.

But I forgive you, Pond. You’re a monster, but I forgive you.

It’s all he can do not to laugh.

Vulgaris.
    @[Pond]

Messages In This Thread
    am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by Pond - 07-11-2018, 05:55 AM
    RE: am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by vulgaris - 07-11-2018, 10:33 PM
    RE: am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by Pond - 07-12-2018, 07:29 AM
    RE: am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by Pond - 08-29-2018, 06:28 PM
    RE: am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by Pond - 09-08-2018, 12:34 PM