• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

changes
    TlThis was going to be a quick little update, but here we are. There is a little summary at the bottom if you want the short version XD

I quit my hourly job loading kilns/purchasing/keeping the studio neat. I'm the first employee to quit without tears and insults in... forever. But the boss even said if I change my mind I'm welcome back. I have worked for him for far longer than most manage, and I'm really happy that after knowing this man for a decade I was able to leave this job without burning a bridge. 

I'm still teaching (afternoon classes and private lessons) which I love (most of the time) and that pays waay better than that studio job when I can have a solid line up of classes & students. And of course, I'm still a vendor at markets and festivals because that's what I consider to be my 'real job' even though it doesn't always bring in as much as the teaching.

So remember a few months ago I posted about crippling cramps every 24 days? Well I had bloodwork done (not just because of that, my sister also just found out she was anemic hand I had many of her symptoms) and it turns out I have an underactive thyroid and low iron levels. I started taking iron around my cycle and a really low dose of Synthroid (after more bloodwork) and I feel so much better. It's only been two months, but my cramps are WAY better - to the point where I'm not terrified to teach or work if I know they will be coming the next day. So thank you all for the advice, It definitely helped push me in the direction of getting the bloodwork done. 

So you may be wondering if I quit my job why I haven't been replying to all my posts in a timely manner Tongue

Well, I was accepted into a 3-week Russian language intensive! Its all day, and I'm still teaching pottery/painting in the afternoons and evenings. But If my computer is on, I'm doing homework. The class is so fast-paced we still have a lot to accomplish and study after class. I literally fall asleep each night with Russian words just bouncing around my mind.

But it has been really awesome, I've already progressed so much and we still have two weeks left. 

SUMMARY: I quit my unhealthy, hourly day job with erratic hours. I'm going to be teaching art more in the fall. My thyroid doesn't produce enough of what it should & I'm borderline anemic, but I started meds and already feel better. The government is paying for me to learn the Russian language and I'm loving it. 

Also, I get free Russian lunch every weekday - which is honestly a highlight of my summer. 

Tonight me and my husband are going on a long overdue date
    Sat we have to go to a wedding that 2.5 hours away & that will probably take up the entire day.
    SUNDAY hopefully I can get a bunch of replies done! Forgive me in advance tho, I will be going for quantity over quality. 

Miss you guys <3
    Starsonder . Locheed . Oberyn
    Solace . Levi . Firen . Clegane . Warlight
    Lav that sounds awesome!
    My bf studied Russian for work (is leaving for a field work of 4 weeks) and it took him about 4 months to know how to introduce himself and buy bread and that kind of basic stuff... so what I’m saying is I’m thinking your 3-week course will have a very fast pace! How do you even find time for that and also teach, it’s insane :0
    I hope we see you around on weekends soon! Smile
    Lav this is such good news all around!!! I am so happy for you. And I’m so glad you’re still around, even sporadically <3 with the summer, we’re all drawn a little thin here anyway - you’re not missing much! I love you lavbel n congrats with everything ❤️❤️❤️