• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Summer School - introductions and history
    Soon it is his turn to present his findings to the class.  The teacher need not know how he complied his answers.  Lord knows the disfigured black stallion would be of no use to him in the cheating aspect.  He'd have to be more clever... 

Located at the back of those gathered, he moves to the front when called.  The large mass of his frame pushing those planted in his way to the side(or perhaps under him if they did not part from his path).  A snort echoes into one of the students ears that has remained too close in proximity to him, before moving on.  He slides into place and then begins his speech, "At the turn of Beqanna's first century, three stallions; Black Sabbath, Barenaked and Charger made the first attempt to recreate the once ice kingdom of the brotherhood.  They failed of course, each giving up far too soon.  Neither I doubt gave it a solid chance, their commitment being futile at best.  When the going gets tough, you press forwards, not give up." He snorts in protest, "They were weak". He thinks to his own endeavor as of lately and how it has had a rough start, but he is persistent and one day all will know his name.  A smirk tugs at the corner of his lips at the thought before he continues... 

"Their successor, Deluge, soon abandoned his attempt as well.  I say he was a coward and ran the moment the throne was under his ungrateful hooves.  I stood a better chance of raising the kingdom of old to its former glory". His draft body shifts in its place before the class.  Red eyes skipping from one pupil to the next to gauge their reactions to his distaste. "Then comes along Texas..." His tongue snaps a tsk along the back of his teeth, "Worthless".  His heavily feathered legs begin to move him across the front of the class in suspended thought.  "By now there is some chatter of the bachelor kingdom being cursed or something... Well I say that they were most definitely," he pauses his motion to turn towards them, "Men suck at ruling if there isn't a good women(or few) at his side". An erupted cackle escapes his mottled lips. "Again another tries and fails," he snickers and in an almost whisper adds,  "Must be hard to find a bunch of gay ponies in Beqanna". 

He turns to the opposite direction in which he had been heading.  His sights landing upon a lush plant that the teacher must have raised and cherished dearly.  A devious grin forms on his facial features as he nears like a predator stalking his prey and speaks matter-of-a-factually, "Almost 100 years later and some think that finally the Tundra has risen... But I say it is only a matter of time before it turns to ash again". At the word ash he releases a winded breath upon the plant and watches in fascination as it withers away to dust.  A pleased smirk retains a position on his lips, as his head rises and swivels to view the reactions of those gathered with amusement... 

Word ct: 527 which is less than 10% above the alloted word limited Wink

Bonus Question answer: Lusitano, Sorraia and Garrano

*Disclaimer- his is solely Zain's personality and not a personal stab at any of the horses mentioned above.  I don't know the players of these once leaders nor was even around to have rpg'd with them personally.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Summer School - introductions and history - by Zain - 07-16-2018, 10:25 PM