• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Summer School - introductions and history
    <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel|Yanone+Kaffeesatz|Armata' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><center><div style="width:500px; background:url('https://i.imgur.com/LeC9gIW.png');border:1px solid #000; padding:0px;"><div style="width:490px; background: rgba(238, 238, 238, 0.75); padding:5px; margin:20px 0px 20px 0px;font-family:yanone kaffeesatz; font-size:18px; color:#000; text-align:center;">everybody seems so far away from me now</div><div style="width:450px; background:#eee; border:1px solid #000; font-family:armata; font-size:12px; color:#000; padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:5px 15px 5px 15px;text-align:justify;">Pond is still small and shy, more frail than she should be. She was born long ago, so she had been taught some of the more ancient history of their world. Her father had been well-educated in all of it and made sure that she was aware of it too.

She collects her thoughts until a larger colt shuffles his way forward, shunting the others aside and speaking quite plaintively on the history of the Tundra, now known as Ischia.

Her home.

She listens attentively, curious about the brotherhood to which she now belongs, her darkened wings shifting upon her shoulders. Zain treats the history with mockery and disdain; Pond cocks her head with a frown. Her father had taught her about some of it, about Quill and Barrel and some of their successors. Perhaps he’d left out some details that Zain now presents to them, in an attempt to make the Bachelors sound stronger. They had, after all, been an ally of her parent’s kingdom for quite some time.

She can’t suppress a saddened gasp as Zain walks nearer to one of the plants in their lush gathering and puffs the leaves away into a smoky whirl of the wind. Her shoulders fall, although her shadowy wings seem to snarl and furl against her back, fascinated and attracted to the blight. She takes no notice, though, as she begins to make her way to the fore of the gathering. She is confident in her answer and eager to prove that not every legacy must be treated with distaste.

“My name is Pond,” she begins meagerly, though with a glance around at the faces that watch her she remembers what her mother had taught her: <i>just look through them; they will all be just as uncertain as you.</i> “I was asked to report on a newborn filly appointed to rule a kingdom other than the young queen Lepis…” She pauses. “I recall my father educating me on the history of the Amazons, before Beqanna was changed during the Reckoning. He spoke to me of Asylum and Prague, but in this case I believe it is Antarda who is the other newborn queen in question.

“I’m not completely certain of the year of her appointment - I know it was sometime in the earliest years of Beqanna, in the 20s - however I know that the former queen of the Amazons, Grim Reaper, was somehow involved. Aelia was Antarda’s mother and she died very young.” Pond closes her silvery gray eyes for a moment as if reliving the experience herself. She could feel the pain and anguish of Aelia as she passed, not yet having fulfilled her short life; she could imagine the confusion her young daughter Antarda must have felt upon being crowned so shortly after birth.

“As far as I’ve been told, Antarda went on to be a very successful ruler, in spite of some jealousy from her aunt Pandora. My father was not very specific on how this dispute was settled, but he did say that this took place in an earlier time, when conflicts were often settled with bloodshed rather than words…” With a final glance to the teacher of their group, she steps aside to allow the next member to give their presentation.

(Word count: 547)

Bonus question: Mérens horse (France), Garrano (Portugal), Sorraia (Portugal)... also Lusitano (Portugal/others) and Pottoka comes from both Spain and France. Wasn't too sure which ones you were looking for Tongue  Source: Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberian_horse

<div style="text-align:right; font-size:30px; font-family:cinzel;line-height:20px;">POND.</div></div><div style="width:490px; background: rgba(238, 238, 238, 0.75); padding:5px; margin:20px 0px 20px 0px;font-family:yanone kaffeesatz; font-size:18px; color:#000; text-align:center;">everybody just wants to be free</div></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Summer School - introductions and history - by Pond - 07-22-2018, 12:45 AM