• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; any
    The mare opposite Scorch hummed to herself thoughtfully upon having her own question reflected back to her; the tone sounded lovely, and for a moment, nostalgia took hold of Scorch's heart like a vice. That had been how her voice sounded, before the dragon dream, low and brazen and mysterious. But the moment passed as Heartfire slid into her answer, giving her grandmother respite from the torment of immortality.

"Yes, I might have," Scorch agreed in the end, though ruefully. Her eyes settled uneasily on the sea as she considered this notion, that perhaps she'd given the throne to Wishbone too early; what would have gone differently? Would they be better off now had she acted differently? But her gaze steels itself, and her head turns back to Heartfire. "But then again, I was behind Wishbone every step of the way - no decision was made without my approval, or at least without my knowledge. And at any rate, a change is coming." A pause. "You ought to know that."

The conversation flowed forward, though it took Heartfire a moment to divulge her truth in regards to her absence; Scorch noted this hesitation, attempting to resist the mild hurt that crossed her heart at the thought that her granddaughter may not trust her. Not everyone can wear that heart on their sleeve like you, mom. This from Ea, her most reserved and stoic daughter. And not everyone believes in family like you, either. This from Echion, her faux-mother. Swallowing back these words of wisdom, Scorch nodded her head slowly, and considered the final question which was volleyed to her.

"I'm sure you have as many reasons to return as you had to leave," Scorch offered curtly, cutting a knowing eye across to Heartfire. "But since you're here now... What do you want to do? Politically, personally." She shifted her weight, lowered her head to the salty sea and nuzzled it thoughtfully; lifted her head again, and spoke. "It must not be easy for you to branch out, what with knowing... Everything, as far as I can tell anyway."
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; any - by Scorch - 08-23-2018, 09:40 PM