• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Look for love in every stranger; Bruja pony

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    They say home is where the heart is, but in that case he doesn’t have a home. He should perhaps care more for Ischia and his brotherd; heck, he should care about his nephew there, and his mother, and father both in Nerine - Ischia’s sister kingdom. But he doesn’t really want Brennen to see his bad moods, not if that means the winged bay would tell Scorch. And he doesn’t want to explain to anyone, because that revives the pain.

All in all, the way he is living his life now, he is rather secluded, unless you count the times where he approaches about any pretty looking girl that he finds standing about on her own. Alone like him, and perceptive. Accepting his mask for who he is not, but pretends to be - a carefree stallion with nothing too heavy on his mind, who is looking around for some fun, some joke, some love.

So, there he goes again. Moved towards the meadow, grazing a bit outside a group. Suppressing whatever it is that needs to be suppressed for an open look, a smile ready on his face should anyone approach. Sometimes he thinks he can’t be happy any more at all, although giving in to lust is one way to spike the cuddly hormones - to make him endure one more day, and then another, and another.

Really, he needs more.
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Bruja] Whomever you have the most muse for Smile
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Dainty hooves carried her forward at a good clip, covering ground... well, not quickly, but quick enough. Any faster would require entirely too much energy for a perfect spring day like this one. Birds were singing, the breeze was playful, her heart was bright! It was a good day to lounge about on a river bank, which was her current destination. That is until a glint of shimmering gold caught her eye. Not just palamino, but a true metallic gold. How odd. Almost without conscious effort, her clip clopping trot bright her about in a smooth curve. Curiosity drew her forward like a leaf in a stream. 

It was a he, she discovered. A very tall he. His coloration was not so different from hers, just paler and... shinier. Redder... Oh oops, she was staring. A slightly apologetic chuckle bubbled through her winsome smile. "Hi there, Buttercup! Fancy some company this morning? I'm Margaux." She reeled off, tossing her bi-colored mane cheerfully. She was warm from head to toe, beautiful shades that echoed the sweet blushes of wild roses in full blow. It only served to underscore the aura of joy that literally radiated from the girl. Animals were comfortable in her presence, and even the bitterest of souls felt some degree of contentment in her presence. 

It was a blessing and a curse, her effect on others. It was pure pleasure, to bring happiness into the lives of others. But to be consistently surrounded grew exhaustive after a while. So she kept to herself most days, surrounded by the forest creatures who had lost their fear of her long ago. One could not live alone forever though, and she felt that she had conversation to spare lately. It was a happy accident so far, coming across this fine fellow. 

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    He's grazing - it's a habit, a need, a revert-to-in-boredom. But he doesn't get too much of a chance. Already, and again, the light on his metallic golden tresses, interwoven in the natural black and silver strands he'd had from birth, catch someone's attention. Although when he looks up - well, surprise!

He has a fake smile ready - but grins fully when she calls out to him. A pinkish figure, with rosy mane standing straight across her neck like a ridiculously overgrown foal, calling him Buttercup. Well, thát's most certainly a first. He supposes it's because of the gleam the streaks in his mane and tail give off - but it's odd, considering he's mostly reddish. But she gives him a good laugh, a true one for once - and so he doesn't mind. "Well, hello Rosy-Daisy. I'm Leilan." he jests in return.

He doesn't care if the feeling she induces so suddenly is fake or real - for once, he's back at his old self, before all the bad that happened to him, poisoned what he used to be. But he doesn't even think about his past any more, with her around.

That can't be a bad thing, can it?

@[Margaux]
    |
    She can see the tension drain from his muscles as she approaches, the structured grin on his face soften into something more genuine. It was sweet, watching horses react to her. They see her and often become better versions of themselves. Her inconsequential good deed that followed her wherever she went. The rosy lady's smile brightened to match his, tail switching, tres jolie. "Rosy-Daisy, I like that! Now tell me, Sugarsnap, what's got you standing about like a bird without a nest? Fine day like this, seems a right shame to spend it alone." The stocky lass noted, watching sunlight and shadow form kaleidoscopic patterns on the grassy earth. 

Little birds flirted in the air over them, flickers of blue and brown tumbling in graceful arabesques, twittering sweet nothings to each other. It was maybe a bit noisy, but oh, nevermind. They took off across the sky together. Her nose wrinkled in a grin, nodding after them thoughtfully. "See, just like them. They've got each other, and likely as not more back home. Nothing like family to tell you where home is." She finished wistfully. The girl knew full well that she had a taste of hypocrisy flavoring her words. What was it, about giving good advise that you couldn't follow yourself? 

A mouthful of grass filled the pause. Why not, it was there and it was such a lovely, tender shade of green. Ooh, and just a hint of sweet clover! How lovely. She munched for a moment, just savoring the delicate flavors that played on her tongue. The best grass of the year sprouted early and matured to a pleasant mouthful. Dear heavens it had been a while since she'd last been in another equid's company. Here she was, mentally waxing on poetic about roughage when there was a perfectly sweet stallion standing before her. 

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    She leaves him no time to reconsider - good. He feels happy, and, there's only maybe a 1% part of his mind that's stuffed quickly into a dark corner yelling 'can't be! not real!' - all in all, he's good with it. Likes her for it, loves her for it. To take one's mind off things might not be entirely possible (he tries and fails daily) but to feel good despite it, or with it no matter what, was actually way better.

Her tail twitches happily at his jesting nickname at her colour, and the bubbly mare continues in the exact same way as she started. About his being on his lonesome, he shrugs and waves it off. "Don't worry about it, Cupcake. Sometimes a day off is what we need to find a new face in the crowd, don't you agree?" Heck, had he been with someone else, she would not have approached, and he would have missed out on the buttercups and sugarsnaps. And whatever else she came up with next.

Despite his induced happiness, he felt a pang of regret at her comments on the birds and their possible babies. He watches them go, face turned away from the rose-coloured mare for that moment, lingering on the sight of the feathered creatures leaving. When he's composed himself and turns around, she's already munching on the grass, and he smiles again. "Oh, but I know where my family is. So, what about you? Are you escaping your family as well, or looking for a new one maybe?" For all he knows, she might be looking for a kingdom or a heard and had thought the best way to find one was to approach a lone figure - this wasn't the field, but, her chances were good enough he figured.

On the other way of acquiring a family, with Chryseis fresh enough in mind, he simply figured he would not cross that line today.

@[Margaux]
    I am excited about threading them so here's a quick response. Big Grin
    |