• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Birthing, ||Arthas, Any||

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

My first and, for a long while after this, my only.

I’ve enjoyed the beginnings of this makeshift family of mine, something jumbled and still beautiful. Arthas, though absent, had been comforting and honorable enough to keep me here through the long winter. It was the thought of his return, a return to claim the child I knew was his, and the thought of Lepis (my probable herd-sister) that had anchored my hooves when otherwise I’d cut my losses and move on again.

Now though, Spring comes quickly and in the throes of it I find myself struggling for cover somewhere at the far reaches of Loessian territory. The babe tucked away beneath me has outgrown itself, every step a protest from my aching body, and I slip into a shadowy nook of brush and redrock to lay close to the earth and give birth to new life. 

When finished, I find that every reality I’d dreamed has suddenly solidified into fact: I’m a mother, now. My babe is a girl, sweet and simply colored like I was. I have no doubt in mind that, like myself and perhaps my mother before me, she can wear any color she likes. I pull close to her; fall in love the way my dam never did with me. “You look like a Mary, sweet and pure.” I laugh gently, wanting nothing but for this girl to grow up and be nothing like I am.

“Mary, daughter of Arthas.” I say again, happy with the choice as I groom and urge her up from the dusty ground. “Speaking of your father …” I sigh wistfully, turning away for the briefest of moments in hopes that my mottled gray companion was nearby.

“... I do wish he was here.”

@[Arthas]

Messages In This Thread
    Birthing, ||Arthas, Any|| - by Rey - 07-25-2018, 03:00 PM
    RE: Birthing, ||Arthas, Any|| - by Arthas - 07-30-2018, 06:14 PM
    RE: Birthing, ||Arthas, Any|| - by Rey - 08-01-2018, 04:54 PM
    RE: Birthing, ||Arthas, Any|| - by Arthas - 08-03-2018, 09:36 AM
    RE: Birthing, ||Arthas, Any|| - by Rey - 08-03-2018, 04:00 PM
    RE: Birthing, ||Arthas, Any|| - by Arthas - 08-04-2018, 03:05 PM