• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Birthing, ||Arthas, Any||

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

In answer to my spoken wishes, the sound of Arthas’ smoky voice brings both my head and ears up to attention when it breaks the silence around Mary and I. His presence is a welcome sight: the pallid, lady-like smile that winds over my shy lips says as much when he nears us both to take a look. “You’re forgiven.” I laugh airily when he presses a broad nose into my shoulder, “I don’t expect you to always be at my beck and call.”

He’d never know that I preferred it that way - with our little, harmless secrets between us and only the proof of our attachment to bind us together. Mary is that proof, skipping ahead to meet her father and sire on wobbly, elegant little legs when Arthas backs away from me. What more could we need? “Mary; I call her Mary.” Is what I tell him when he asks for a name, and I’m proud of the decision. Her calling has double meaning: one who is desired and one who is rebellious, just like her mother. Arthas could have her and all the foals or females he wanted, but I would always stamp a bit of myself in there somewhere.

“How’s Lepis?” I ask, trying to turn the conversation to a hopefully more interesting route. The secret of Arthas’ herd wasn’t a secret (never really had been) so I feel neither shy nor reserved about asking over the health and well-being of my herd sister. Especially since our meeting with Leilan, I’ve gathered respect for the winged Cleric of this place. “She seemed happy and big the last time we saw one another.” I add on, “Does Mary have a brother or sister now?”

@[Arthas]

Messages In This Thread
    Birthing, ||Arthas, Any|| - by Rey - 07-25-2018, 03:00 PM
    RE: Birthing, ||Arthas, Any|| - by Arthas - 07-30-2018, 06:14 PM
    RE: Birthing, ||Arthas, Any|| - by Rey - 08-01-2018, 04:54 PM
    RE: Birthing, ||Arthas, Any|| - by Arthas - 08-03-2018, 09:36 AM
    RE: Birthing, ||Arthas, Any|| - by Rey - 08-03-2018, 04:00 PM
    RE: Birthing, ||Arthas, Any|| - by Arthas - 08-04-2018, 03:05 PM