• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

like the dawn, you broke the dark - any/fam
    Do you believe you're missin' out?
    That everything good is happening somewhere else?

There is plenty going on, and although my mind has been refreshed by the gift of immortality, I still do not fight too hard to bring myself to full awareness in the gentle chaos of the room. Indeed, my mind goes out to my darling wife Insignificance, who in her mortality is not well enough to make the long trek from basin to grotto; but in the coming weeks, I smile to think that I will be bringing the triplets to meet their grandmother.

Drifting from Rhaegor, I make my way to each child in turn, murmuring my name in their ears and kissing their soft, tiny foreheads. It's been some years since the birth of my final child, and my heart yearns for him to be here, too; but Khaedrik is wanton and full of shade, drifting through this reality more as a wraith than as any earthly being. And besides, Kagerus has seen him and reassured me of his alive-ness, so I cannot complain overly.

Settling myself next to my firstborn grandson Abysm, I nod to him wordlessly before also lowering my head to Warlight. She is a fiesty little thing, determined as she was to be the first out and about; in some other universe, perhaps she had not been born first. But in this one she has, and so, her first decision has powerfully been made.

"I'm glad you're here, Abysm," I husk in my grandpa voice, low enough such that only he can hear. "Your mother grew up without a mother too, and it means a lot to her that you are allowing her to try and make up for her mistakes. If you want to talk more... You can find me in the willow grove."

KAVI
    Kagerou x Rhaego

A warm mouth finds his side, warming him considerably as he shivers there on the cool stone floor. His chest shutters with what might have been a whinny, though no sound comes out; it's both a response to his sister's triumphant call, and a greeting to the presence who now cleans him. Blinking rapidly, the little colt cranes his neck to gaze at his savior, connecting softly with who he will quickly come to know as grandpa.

But the presence moves on after speaking some words to the faces he intimately knows a mothers from the hazy dreamworld of his fetal development, and Rhaegor is left to his own defenses. The wings atop his shoulders splay awkwardly like little legs, their feathers more wet and bedraggled than regal by any means. Becoming slightly startled by the immense loneliness he feels despite being surrounded by others, the colt gapes his mouth in a nearly silent bleat, the sound that emerges barely audible. Snorting - for that is but ruffled air - he swings his neck between Warlight and Sviko, deciding in the end to go to neither.

Using his wings as extra balance points, the little buckskin gets his hind legs beneath him and finds his forelegs bent at the knees, wobbling as they too try to straighten. When he faceplants rather ungraciously, another warm presence swoops in to help him up, and he smiles triumphantly.

From there, the little buckskin nuzzles his way closer to she who held him for months on end. When he reaches her, his mouth nuzzles her with the love only a mute son can give; and in the next moment, he is slipping beneath her flank to drink of her life giving milk.

@[abysm]

This is probably the last of my round of posts because rip, three in a thread is hella too many
    [Image: rhae]
    Well, now,
    if little by little you stop loving me
    I shall stop loving you little by little.
    He doesn’t want to be like his mother with a shifty tidal heart. The full force of which will sweep you under. She loves and leaves and loves again - a lot like the tide, always coming and going.

It drives him crazy to be honest; that she could go from his father and him to the pretty queen and now a passel of foals that flank them. Makes him wonder where exactly does he fit into this family they’ve made? He thinks nowhere because he is a nowhere-kind of child to begin with. But here he is, looking in from the outside as others crawl out of the woodwork to commend the queens on their children. 

He turns his elegant head to Solace when she calls his name; his head angles to give her much more regard than he’s probably ever given her - the look is half of understanding and half something else that ends up shuttered beneath the spill of forelock across his eyes. For just a moment, that glimpse might have been of yearning. He’d never say for what - the fruits he’s tasted remain in his dreams. 

“So I am,” he echoes with a hint of a smile. His teenage rebellion curbed for just that moment that the two of them share above the heads of the three little ones. His eyes move away from Solace to the foals; try as he might he cannot even envy them that they’ll know both of their mothers. in fact, he’s not quite sure what he feels towards them.

There’s no time to further suss it out because Kagerus is looking at him. He can feel her eyes on him and he turns his head to her at last. Abysm has given up on thinking there will ever be more than a tenuous peace between the two of them. Too much and not enough has happened between them to completely overcome it and he’s made his peace with that.

He tolerates the way she steps into him and even almost enjoys the smell and feel of her against him but it never compares to the mothers he’d dreamed up to take her place. 

She doesn’t stay with him long. Never has. Never will. He is instantly aloof the moment she plants herself back at her lover’s side and they become entangled in one another. His eyes are devoid of much that might betray his thoughts until his grandfather settles in beside him, taking the near-grown colt by surprise.

Abysm figures the latest batch of grandchildren would gain more favor and attention from the buckskin than a few passing smiles and pats on the head of a sort. He certainly did not expect the older stallion to acknowledge him beyond a casual nod of greeting. For the smallest of seconds passing like grains of sand through his blood, coarse and irregular, he touches the tip of his nose to Kavi’s neck.

“I’m not really sure why I came.” the admission is a strained murmur as his eyes slide to meet his grandfather’s. It seems a heavy penance to bear in seeking Kagerus’s love and brief attention. He’s not sure why he continues to do so even as his grandfather makes his confession. 

Then an offer is made and Abysm can only nod. He already knows he’ll hunt his grandfather down later for a more private conversation. Once more his eyes turn to the foals nestled between their mothers.
    ABYSM
    i would do anything for love,
    but i won’t do that