• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Summer School - drama and English
    Tir had been expecting a recount of her experiences in a certain tense, and so she had given him what he asked for.

<b>"I had been standing in the meadow vexed, unaware of the device on my face, until another horse had tried to grab it playfully.  My reaction had been instinctual, and I had snapped at them.  I had startled them enough that they had frozen, which allowed me enough time to look at the wooden barrier around us; I had also taken notice of the humans beyond.  With no other option to gain answers, I had looked to my frozen counterpart, <i>"Is this Hell?"</i> I had asked him.  It had taken him a moment to respond and had shaken his head in denial. I had found that hard to believe.

It had been quiet until my companion had found his voice, <i>"I don't know what your problem is today, but you had better get over it before Liz gets you for the lesson.  You love your job, remember?"</i> He had then left me alone to my confusion because on some level, his words had rung true;  I had loved my job.

It hadn't been much longer until a female had entered the caged meadow, and still, I hadn't moved.  She had come to me, and I had let her approach, the sound of an audible metallic clip came from under my chin.  I had intended to flee, but not before I had gathered information to find when that opportunity would arise, and so I had gone willingly.  Liz guided me into the stable, basically a cave with straight edges, and it had smelled like dead wood.  She had let me stand untied on the hard surface while she had been fussing over me and I had let her until something heavy had landed upon my back.   My body had gone rigid,  even more so when something had slithered behind my elbows and had wrapped itself snuggly around my barrel.  That was the point I had had enough, and I had fled.  I had no idea where, but I had taken off all the same.

I had been galloping, when a small human appeared directly in my way at the end of the straightaway, the contraption she had sat upon had two round things in the front and two larger ones in the back.  If she chose not to move, I would have had to barrel into her, and I would do it if I had to, because I would not stay there.  But that child had not moved, she had simply raised her limb to me with an unphased giggle.  The distance had been quickly closing, it had been a matter of seconds before I would have been upon her.  Until her eyes had met mine, and a sudden overwhelming sense of pure innocence had washed over me; she had been as innocent as a newborn foal, and had not been deserving of being trodden.  At the last second, I had halted my momentum, slid to a stop just in front of her.  I had been straightening my body before I exhaled heavily, which had sent a wave of air that had tousled the girl's mane.  It had caused her to giggle in delight and I had smiled at her amusement.  She had been raising her limb still as if she had expected something, but I had understood her desire.  I had lowered my head, pressed my nose into her palm, and closed my eyes while the shouts of adults died behind me."</b>

total word count: 596

OOC: I tried. I'm the world's hardest trier. XD

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Summer School - drama and English - by Zain - 08-08-2018, 08:08 AM
    RE: Summer School - drama and English - by Breckin - 08-08-2018, 12:18 PM
    RE: Summer School - drama and English - by Elvin - 08-08-2018, 11:52 PM
    RE: Summer School - drama and English - by Pond - 08-08-2018, 11:53 PM