• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we'll start a fire [any]

AZMERE

The refuge of the trees covering him calmed his breathing quicker; the cool, dry air jerked the sticky warmth away from his body like a hand stealing a blanket, and Azmere's red pelt rippled in a shiver. He took stock of his surroundings. Not the safest place to be, for while the foliage and overhang provided a large green tent about 20 feet around, the bushes were so thick he could barely tell if someone was there. He could easily be ambushed. His ears flick towards the right; hoofbeats. Azmere pivots a little to see a sleek, monochromatic stallion coming near. He is tall, but only a bit taller than he is, with odd serpentine markings, unlike anything Azmere had seen. Azmere keeps his body angled toward the stallion, his body language saying he approved of the approach, but his golden eyes locked on the stranger's coal-hued ones, searching for expression. Would this meeting be cordial, or take a sinister turn? 

But when he hears the strangers words, his whole body goes still. "You can't outrun it. It only leaves when it's ready." Azmere allows his muscles to relax, and a sly smirk changes his features. "I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about." The unrest in his eyes will be his downfall. "If you're anything like me, you'll use it." Azmere studies the silver-haired beast, suddenly more alert to his words. "Hmm...maybe I am interested in this topic after all. Care to expand on that?" 
    Right after he finishes his sentence, a second set of hoofbeats pounds a rhythm into the earthen floor. A pretty blonde mare enters the scene. "Are you alright?" Azmere turns toward her, smile brightening, charm radiating. "Why, hello there." He dips his head in greeting. "I'm golden, sweetheart. I'm more worried about why you're in the forest alone. There are hungry things that lurk in the dark, you know." I might just be one of those things.
    " You've got your demons, and baby they all look like me. "

Messages In This Thread
    we'll start a fire [any] - by Azmere - 07-31-2018, 09:09 PM
    RE: we'll start a fire [any] - by tannor - 07-31-2018, 11:33 PM
    RE: we'll start a fire [any] - by Koa - 08-01-2018, 12:20 AM
    RE: we'll start a fire [any] - by Azmere - 08-01-2018, 11:46 AM
    RE: we'll start a fire [any] - by tannor - 08-01-2018, 07:56 PM
    RE: we'll start a fire [any] - by Koa - 08-02-2018, 12:04 PM
    RE: we'll start a fire [any] - by Azmere - 08-02-2018, 02:55 PM