• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we'll start a fire [any]

Anarchy drips from his lips, cunning bleeds from his eyes. He hunts with irises of melted gold, he draws you close and takes a bite...metaphorically, most of the time. His muscles surge as he gallops through the forest, weaving through trees, leaping over a fallen log. The usual demon has control of his mind, and he's trying to outrun it.

He stops only when his nostrils flare red, and sweat glistens his bright chestnut coat. His nose dips towards the ground, chest heaving. He finds himself in a fully secluded, dark part of the forest. But his tormented thoughts remain. What does he want? In his experience, all he needed was to answer that question, and he would obtain his desire by any means necessary. He knew he'd been alone with his thoughts far too long, and on the brink of mental collapse. He knew he wanted to forget his past. That's why he was here in the land called Beqanna. He wanted something new.

He straightens, head held high. He takes a deep breath, and his nerves are steeled; he's good at faking.

What he wants is to spread chaos like confetti.

Azmere

you've got your demons, and darling they all look like me

now i know ya thought that ya had me played
    the check is in my hand, i got it made
    You want to spread chaos, huh? Well... You really should be careful what you wish for. I've been there, dude. I've spread chaos. I've been the chaos. It didn't get me shit, except some deep scaring and an angry hoard. Allies became enemies when I failed. Enemies became the unknown. 

Chaos. It's all fun and games. That is unless you don't care about losing everything. Unlike most, I didn't care... And honestly? I still don't. Now... We could say it's fate that I found you, but that would be too melodramatic. Instead, let's be honest. I've found you because I live in these forests. I've refused to align myself to anyone after I went and fucked up the royal party (ahh, memories). No use in tying yourself to anyone when you have no desire to help them in any way, am I right?

Anyway, looks like it's time for another party crashin'. Let's do this. I'll give you chaos. I'm bored and it is what I'm good at after all.

------------------------------------

He is a still figure colored of chrome in the darkened forests as the sound of galloping hooves thunder through the silent air. A twitch of an ear is the only movement made until finally a streak of red bursts past him. Slowly the tall stallion's head turns towards the figure, watching him until he comes to a stop and holds his head high. He can sense it. That the other was trying to outrun something. But whatever it was doesn't seem to be coming and for a moment Ba'al twists somewhere deep within. 'He is troubled. Like you,' the laughter that follows in his mind causes his brow to crease in darkened thought and for a moment he has half a mind to just walk away. To ignore it.

Ain't his circus, ain't his monkeys.

But then again... He tilts his head curiously as he watches the other and for a moment his dark solid black eyes close and with a sigh and a twitch of the lips, he realizes he's curious. It's only then he steps forward, doing nothing to hide his presence. His hoof beats are loud on the solid forest floor and his breathing natural and calm. Moving up next to the other he comes to a stop and rolls his shoulders in a gentle shrug before glancing at him. "You can't outrun it," his voice is smooth yet deep as he speaks for the first time in ages. "It only leaves when it's ready." Demons. Whether the actual thing or the metaphorical demons, they never left until they found reason to. The usual reason was death, or that you nolonger served any purpose to their dark intentions.

The smell of blood is ripe but it goes ignored and not once does the silver chrome stallion look down towards the other's body. He doesn't care that he's run himself ragged. It doesn't effect him if the other is injured, so why should he? Stepping forward he sighs softly, "If you're anything like me, you'll use it." It's funny advice, coming from someone like him - but then again, this one doesn't know him, he doesn't know his past.

That's the best part. Most of these faces know nothing about him.
    Tannor
    long live the king
    THANKS VENGE !

A golden mare entered the forest at a slow walk. She had never been here before, in this strange but magical place. In fact, she wasn’t quite sure where here was, but she knew she had been traveling for a long while. Thoughts crept into her head about home and the way she left. She couldn’t think about these things now though. She shook her head and white strands of hair hit her golden neck. 

Koa had been in such deep thought, she hadn’t been paying attention to where she was going. The sun seemed to disappear behind the heavy canopy of leaves. Even though there seemed to be an absence of light, the trees grew in thick. The golden mare wound effortlessly around the trees. 

Koa’s ears pricked at the sight of another horse. Her nostrils flared as she took in the stallion’s scent. She didn’t recognize it, but she never expected to seeing as how deep in the woods they were. She doubted many horses came into the forest this far. A mixture of fear and excitement filled her. It wasn’t everyday she was so far away from everyone. 

Well, everyone except for this stranger. 

The mare’s legs kept carrying her forward toward the stallion. As she got closer, her amber eyes scanned the stranger. She saw muscles rippling under a brown coat, darker than hers. A layer of sweat coated him and blood seemed to drip from his muzzle. The stallion seemed composed though. 

Just then she caught sight of another stallion walking towards the first. If he hadn’t moved, Koa would have missed him. He seemed confident and moved with purpose. The darker stallion spoke a few words to the other, but she still wasn’t close enough to hear. 

She stopped a few feet away from the stallions. Amber eyes again flicked up and down the sweat coated body and then around the forest. She wondered if he had been chasing or running from something, but there was no other creatures in the forest, apart from the threesome of horses. She finally parted her lips and let her melodic voice slip out. “Are you alright?” Although her voice was pleasant, there was a slight strain to it. She was worried that the answer to her question was no. What would she do then? Run for help? She knew that wouldn’t be an option. 

Her eyes shifted from one stallion to the next. The dark stranger seemed in better shape than the other. He had not been running from something. A smile appeared on her lips and again her singsong voice filled the air. “Hello.” She said the single word with a nod. 

KOA
    I don't need fate to give it time
    It doesn't take pain to change your mind

AZMERE

The refuge of the trees covering him calmed his breathing quicker; the cool, dry air jerked the sticky warmth away from his body like a hand stealing a blanket, and Azmere's red pelt rippled in a shiver. He took stock of his surroundings. Not the safest place to be, for while the foliage and overhang provided a large green tent about 20 feet around, the bushes were so thick he could barely tell if someone was there. He could easily be ambushed. His ears flick towards the right; hoofbeats. Azmere pivots a little to see a sleek, monochromatic stallion coming near. He is tall, but only a bit taller than he is, with odd serpentine markings, unlike anything Azmere had seen. Azmere keeps his body angled toward the stallion, his body language saying he approved of the approach, but his golden eyes locked on the stranger's coal-hued ones, searching for expression. Would this meeting be cordial, or take a sinister turn? 

But when he hears the strangers words, his whole body goes still. "You can't outrun it. It only leaves when it's ready." Azmere allows his muscles to relax, and a sly smirk changes his features. "I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about." The unrest in his eyes will be his downfall. "If you're anything like me, you'll use it." Azmere studies the silver-haired beast, suddenly more alert to his words. "Hmm...maybe I am interested in this topic after all. Care to expand on that?" 
    Right after he finishes his sentence, a second set of hoofbeats pounds a rhythm into the earthen floor. A pretty blonde mare enters the scene. "Are you alright?" Azmere turns toward her, smile brightening, charm radiating. "Why, hello there." He dips his head in greeting. "I'm golden, sweetheart. I'm more worried about why you're in the forest alone. There are hungry things that lurk in the dark, you know." I might just be one of those things.
    " You've got your demons, and baby they all look like me. "
    now i know ya thought that ya had me played
    the check is in my hand, i got it made
    The sly smirk is what catches his attention most of all in that moment and with just that little change of expression, Tannor knew he had hit the mark almost dead center. 'I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about.' It's a simple statement, but in response Tannor releases of a soft grunt. "Hmpf. I'm sure you don't." His tone is almost sassy or even close to bordering the line of being challenging but it's all he says in reply.

After all, they weren't alone. 

It's her scent that reaches him first and for a moment he stands there, watching the space that stretched before them until finally her golden coat flickered in the dim light of the trees. Upon her approach he does nothing, and only when Azmere asks him to elaborate does he brush the stallion off slightly a muttering of "we'll discuss it later,". He doesn't intend to be rude. It's not something he really focuses on anyway, whether or not he is using his manners. He simply thinks that now isn't the time to discuss the similar darkness shared between them.

He watches as she comes to a stop, acknowledges the other in concern and then turns towards him. He notes the way her features change, the way a smile turns her lips upward and for a moment he is unsure of what to say. Slowly blinking he watches her as she says hello before glancing towards the stranger at his side and with a soft sigh he looks back at her. "Hey," the greeting is short and simple without a single emotion dancing across his tone. 

"Who are you and why are you out here alone?" The statement is sudden, a bit harsh and he simply doesn't care whether or not he may hurt her feelings or make her defensive. God... He really hopes she doesn't go on some little tangent about how mares are just as strong as he could be. He knows that. The real reason for his annoyance is that he's been interrupted at doing what he's good at.

With a flick of the tail he shifts his weight as he watches her ignoring the darkness that swirled within his gut, scratching at the door that it was tightly shut behind.

'You're terrible at this.' 

The voice is silent within his mind and he knows the creature is right. He is. Group interactions had never really been his thing. But now was a good of time as ever to practice, right?
    Tannor
    long live the king
    THANKS VENGE !

Koa was reminded of a speech her parents gave her when she was just a yearling. They would often tell her it's all in how she handled a situation that mattered. They were grooming her, but now did it even matter? She didn't have to be anything out here in these mysterious lands. She could be anyone that she wanted to be, she just wasn't sure who that was yet.

The golden mare's ears pricked at the sound of the chestnut stallion's voice. Why, hello there. I'm golden, sweetheart. I'm more worried about why you're in the forest alone. There are hungry things that lurk in the dark, you know. It was always the same thing. Stallions being worried about mares. She had gotten it her entire life and was used to it. There was no changing it so might as well embrace it. Her clear voice again rang through the air. "Somehow I think I'll manage. I've never been afraid of those hungry beasts you speak of." Her words were slightly challenging, but there was also a hint of something else to it. Slight sultry notes hung on her last sentence. Koa was no stranger to a little challenge. In fact, she embraced it. Her last words, though, they surprised her. She had never been one to exchange words with a stranger in that tone. It was foreign to her.

She then turn to the next stallion. He was a silver color that she had never seen before, and he had patterns that looked like a snake skin she could see now that she was closer. It was almost mesmerizing. She realized she had a lot to learn about this land. He spoke a short greeting with a sign. Maybe he didn't like the company of others. Then his voice filled the air again, more harshly this time. Who are you and why are you out here alone? He was brash, but she expected at least one of them to be. She tilted her head slightly and gave him a small smile. "My name is Koa and I am alone because I am new to these lands, if you couldn't already tell." Her lasts words had a bit of a bite to them, but her tone was hidden by her smile. "What is your name?" She asked the silver stallion, and then turned to the chestnut. "And yours?"

She again was surprised of her tone. Half of her sentences would be diplomatic, providing information about herself while being kind. The other halves would be slightly mixed with emotions, but weren't both stallions' words? The first stallion's words had hints of flirtation and the second stallion's words were harsh and fast. It seemed as if they knew who they were. While certain methods weren't how she would go about things, they seemed to stay true to themselves. She was slightly envious of that. If she wasn't forced to be someone her whole life, maybe she would also know her real self.

The palomino mare then remembered that the two standing before her had exchanged words slightly before she had walked up to them. How rude, she thought to herself. She had never been one for rudeness. "Have I interrupted something, gentlemen?" She looked expectantly at the silver stallion and then to the chestnut stallion. She didn't expect them to tell her to leave, but she couldn't be sure when it came to the duo standing before her.

KOA
    I don't need fate to give it time
    It doesn't take pain to change your mind

@[Azmere] @[tannor]

AZMERE

A small gust of wind blows through the forest, tugging playfully at his sorrel mane and throwing it into his golden eyes. Azmere tosses his head to be rid of the hair clinging obstinately to his forehead, still slightly sweaty. He is grateful for the cool weather and the absence of flies in the dark forest, although he wouldn't be surprised if mosquitoes soon appeared in vampirous swarms; it was getting late. 

Azmere pins his ears and glowers at the silvery stallion at his sarcastic tone. But before he can respond, the stranger brushes him off as the golden mare comes closer. As the smoky male gruffly greets the newcomer and moves onto brisk interrogation, Azmere snorts. Fortunately, the aureate stranger responds brazenly to Azmere's inquiry into her lone wanderings, before he can say something snarky to the stallion. A hunger appears in Azmere's eyes, and he smiles. "Oh, it seems like you can take very good care of yourself." He stares into her eyes, voice silken. Before the pause can become awkward, she introduces herself, and Azmere follows suit. "What a lovely name. Pleased to meet you, Koa. My name is Azmere. I am new here as well - perhaps we can explore this fascinating land together." She asks another question, and Azmere smirks. "No, you didn't miss much. Why, are you a bit jealous?" He toys with her, tossing nonsense from his lips.  

He can't help but stare at her slender, yet muscular legs, her sparkling golden pelt. He suspects it feels like velvet. He turns his head to the silver stallion. While Koa is attractive, he is more intrigued by this stranger. Something tells him they are not wholly dissimilar, especially when referring to the stallion's hints at their shared demons. He's the type of horse that Azmere can't quite figure out. He does love a good puzzle. Game on.

" You've got your demons, and baby they all look like me. "

@[tannor] @[Koa]