• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

That I may hail thee queen of birds - Roseen, any

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    Tephra stinks, as usual.

Of course, Leilan had been born in the Jungle, strolled through a meadow-like landscape outside of Beqanna, and was now living in Ischia which was basically a salty kind of Jungle, so he was probably biased. He liked a humid heat better than a dry and ashy one, but, he supposed that if there had bene horses living in a Desert way back then, then now there could be some living near a volcano.

He looks at the sooty bay mare. Perhaps she would fit in better than he. It sure seemed like Tephra could use some more residents, so a young mare like Roseen joining might be an opportunity for them. Of course, she still had 4 more kingdoms to visit, before she would decide, so honestly he just wanted to introduce her to someone in here who could tell her more about what they stood for. Other than being loosely allied with his own kingdom, Leilan knee near nothing about the Tephrans other than that the purple family had moved here.

”So, here we are.” Obviously, it is not his preferred choice of lands to live in, evidently by the way he tries to not breathe in too much ash and then tries not to show. Failing, of course.

Looking around the barren landscape, he shrugs a little and whinnies to make their presence known. ”I suppose that I should be climbing this volcano at some point in my life. Let’s see what the rest of the kingdom is about.”
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Warrick] maybe Or @[Amorette]
    @[Roseen]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    I want to swim away but don't know how
    Sometimes it feels just like I'm falling in the ocean
    A volcano was far from what she had expected from Tephra. It was hard to breath with all the ash, and the heat hurt her throat, as well as her skin. Though she had experienced severe heat before on earlier journeys, none of them held a candle to this place. Or, perhaps she was just wimpy and thought it was hotter than it actually was. That would come as no surprise to her. She was weak with everything else after all. And, the idea of a volcano nearby could certainly be messing with her mind.

With a quick gander Roseen took notice of the lack of green. There didn’t seem to be much food to go around, which was certainly something that caused a lack of interest. A nearby volcano that could possibly erupt, the ridiculous heat, and the lack of food all made Roseen want to turn around to look elsewhere for a place to live. So far there was nothing about this place that was worth calling it home. But she would continue onward to see if there was anything she missed; she would give it a chance at least. Who knows, the horses there might be welcoming and kind. “Such an interesting place,” she muttered beneath her breath, eyes wandering over her surroundings. 

She of course took notice of Leilan as well. He too seemed to be having trouble breathing with all the ash, and his following words made her realize that he probably hasn’t been to Tephra before. Blinking slowly, she put her thoughts into words, “Have you not been here before?” She didn’t mind of course, as long as they didn’t get lost.
    ROSEEN
    a nomad

@[Leilan]
    Tephra is as humid as a land can be, especially on the more foggy day, but to say Tephra dry and ashy, then you haven’t seen all of the land. What, of course, does not help is that Amore finds the pair of them in an ash cloud carried southwards by the wind that comes from sea. Usually it is not as bad as this, the volcano’s activity would only show through a fine layer of ashes.

A land much more barren than Tephra, with her lush green meadows and a forest of jungle like vegetation. Multiple rivers run through the land, and at the base of the volcano sits a warm water lake, heated by the volcano. For the most wonderful view, one has to travel up the volcano, but that is not Amorette would recommend doing on a foggy day as this.

The call makes her ear twitch. For a moment she is hesitant to react, afraid of what, or who, she would find. Too many bad things had happened lately, and Amore is not ready to come across another one. But at the same time she is more than ready for something good to happen. And these strangers could be that type of good happening.

“Hello” she greets the pair, a silvery and a sooty bay, with a smile and a drop of her head. “Welcome to Tephra, however I can’t say you chose the most flattering entry.” Her dark eyes take them both in, then nods to the left to invite them to walk with her. Standing in a rain of ash isn’t the best place to hold a conversation. Amorette offers them another smile, hopefully encouraging, before turning her short form to the left to guide the two strangers to a more pleasant spot.

They cross the shallow part of the river, water reaching to her knees only, and a little further, out of the wind, the air clears up. Amore snorts, and shakes her head, attempting to shake some of the ashes of. But the ebony woman had long ago accepted that it would be a part of her, even the slight sulfur-like smell. “I’m Amorette, what brought you to Tephra today?”

@[Leilan]
    @[Roseen]
    Sorry, this kind of is all over the place :/

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    Gold is not a colour you see every day, and it somewhat surprises the roan stallion to find it out here.

But there she is, and, when she comes closer to tell them (or maybe just Roseen) her name, the bay roan grins. "Thought I recognized you. Thanks for competing so well." he grins. Sure, he's done his part too, but, they all had done something to earn the gold that adorns her as well as him. Or - almost as well, of course. He wouldn't say she's as handsome as he, ever, that would temper his own reputation after all.

Amorette, being the kindest woman ever, quickly directs them to a place far better inhabitable, and he grins sheepishly behind the black woman's back to Roseen. Sorry. But as their host outs her question, he smiles brightly at her and nods to the sooty bay mare - in fact, if she were getting covered in soot from the Volcano, she probably would carry it well, just like the black Amorette. "I, Leilan of Ischia, proudly present to you Roseen, possible recruit. Mind you, she insists on seeing every kingdom before settling anywhere though." he offers grandly. He cuts the game before anyone else steps in though. Don't want to overdo it.

Yet.
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Amorette] @[Roseen]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |