• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Starlight--Starbright -[Warlight]
    He had a different start to life, his mother and father both had to free of a spirit and his older sister (who doubles as a bear!) took him in. He went from living in a nomad life, to living in Hyaline, and luckily he met Warlight who had a pair of horns budding out of her head just like he did! He did not expect to be so happy, but he was just that!

He found himself alone today and decided to use the opportunity to explore Hyaline on his own! He heard of a river that ran through the middle of the kingdom, and so he set off to find it. He pranced through the kingdom, an orange butterfly flew by and he broke into a gallop in an attempt to catch it. It of course was faster with the wings it carried on its back, he tried his hardest but in the end the butterfly won.

With a snort he accepted his loss, although the sound of water was in earshot. A smile tugged at his lips and he pranced in the direction of the water, he came to a halt as it came into view woah he mumbled to himself. The river was more amazing than he had hear, than he expected! It surpassed all expectations! It was a calm river, moving at its own pace, perfect for swimming! He stepped closer lowering his maw to enjoy a refreshment from the water.
    He had captured her curiosity - the boy with the horns and a bear for a sister. Her siblings were nothing like the she-bear, the massive, quiet guardian that she was, and Warlight was a little jealous. 

'Maybe Rhae is a little like keeper' she thinks to herself as she trots beside the lake. She didn't know exactly why her mind chose to compare the spindly colt and the sow, and she doesn't bother to follow the thought further - her brothers aren't the boys who occupy her thoughts today. The individual happens to be just a little further up ahead.

"Claaaayton!" she calls happily as she sees the mahogany and emerald colt. Delighted that the object of her thoughts was so easily found Warlight extends into a gallop not bothering to slow down as she nears him. She hits the river in an explosion of water much larger than would be expected from someone so small. Tumbling into the water she scrapes her knee on a river rock, but it is just another nick amount many. Breathless and smiling she finds her feet again, oblivious to the trickle of blood seeping across her white legs, her inky-blue eyes locking onto the colt's face.

"Hey, are you exploring? We can Explore together! Is your sister around?"
    He thought he was alone as he gazed into the water, he stepped his front right leg into the water and as he did he heard his name being sceamed out by another. His head whipped to the left to see the source, at first he thought it was Keeper yelling out to him, but it wasn't. It turned out to be Warlight! He could not complain of the visitor, for some reason she peaked his interest, and he found himself slightly sad everytime they said goodbye to each other.

His thoughts were all scrambled as she came full force towards Clayton until the water slowed her down. The water roarer and cracked as she slammed into it, a giant wave grew and as a result it splashed Clayton, soaking his bay and green pelt. He could not help but laugh Warlighttt! he playfully dragged out her name.

Her gaze was locked onto him, it was odd and caused a smile to grow on his maw. She was a free spirit, she wanted to explore, also curious if keeper was around. No, shes probably napping he laughs, the rare occasion he found himself outside of her protection. Was it good Keeper wasn't here? Would Warlight prefer it if she was here? He took a deep breath in an attempt to not overthink Show me your favorite spot! He says prancing a few steps forward. Was she raised here? He wanted to see more of Hyaline! He turned around to see if she was coming when he noticed a trail of blood on her leg. It was staining her perfectly white pelt Warlight! He gasped running up to her You're bleeding! worry filled his eyes, it wasn't anything serious but he did not like to see blood trailing on his friend.
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

Her eyes don't have to leave his to know that he is smiling - that somehow she has made him happy just by bringing them closer together.

She is slightly disappointed the bear is nowhere to be found, but it isn't enough to dim her excitement at having found her new friend again. And when he asks her to show him her favorite place, her mild disappointment is completely forgotten.

Her touch of magic - a gift passed down from her mother, the queen of dreams - had allowed the filly to seen more of the world than should have been possible for one her age. Many nights she found herself somewhere else, a result of her active imagination and her dream teleportation. All she had to do was picture someplace far away, a landscape she had gleaned from her mother's dreams, and she was there. But still, the thought of exploring Hyaline with Clayton is as interesting as climbing The Mountain alone. 

She marches from the river towards him with sure strides and a high head before his distressed tone stops her.

"The water always makes it look worse," she reassures her friend with a glance to her scraped up knees. "It's fine, and I bet I could still beat you in a race!"

With that, Hyaline's princess springs into a gallop once again, climbing the mountain with the agility of a billy-goat and only stopping once they have reached an alpine meadow.
    She assures him that her cut is not nearly as bad as it looks. He is still worried for her but his worry quickly fades as she announces she can beat him in a race. By the time he looked up she has already begun running, Hey! he laughed as he bolted behind her.

There was something about her, he didn't know what it was but he wanted to know more about her. About her family, about her life in Hyaline. But right now, his main concern, was beating her in this race she started. She stayed a couple paces ahead of him and a abruptly came to a halt when they reached an open meadow. He ran passed her as he zipped through the meadow, he flailed his head around playfully and threw a couple of bucks in as he freely ran around. He made his rounds and came to a halt before her, a smile spread on his maw.

He harshly exhaled as caught his breath. What a wonderful meadow he laughed, slightly embarassed of his excited run. I guess you won, but this will be the only time He reached his neck out and playfully grabbed at her mane before jumping a few steps to the right. Is this your favorite spot? He asks. He was curious if it was, why was this her favorite spot? Was there more than the eye can see?
    The clamor of his hooves on the mountainside echo her own and she knows he has followed. When she bounces to a stop in a flurry of meadow grass he continues, giving her a display of his energy and excitement. She smiles as he rounds on her, bringing them side by side again.

"We aren't to my favorite place yet!" She chides with a toss of her head. "I just wanted to give you a chance to catch up."

As he tugs at her mane Warlight rears, throwing her weight back into her haunches as her front end raises to her full height. Tucking her chin tight against her neck the bay splashed filly throws her weight forward and toward the colt. She aims to clash her budding antlers against his own, to lock horns in the way she had seen a pair of stags do earlier in the spring.

She falls towards him, bracing for impact but peering out between squinted eyelids in case he should move to the side and she needs to land on her feet instead.
    She carried a smile on her face, and it was contagious. Was this what friendship felt like? She was his only friend so he didn't have much to base it on. He found himself most comfortable with his sistee Keeper, but he found himself yearning to play with Warlight at all times.

We aren't to my favorite place She announced and excitement bubbled inside him. He had settled on this meadow being the place she chose to show him; BUT THERE WAS MORE! He leaped in place with joy but before he could respond she titled her head slightly and aimed her horns at his. He wasn't sure if this was normal but he titled his head and did the same in return. There horns crackled as they scraped against one another, he has heard the noise before living in the forest, but he never knew the source. Perhaps Warlight came from a family of horned horses and fhis was a common practice.

They tossled fot a bit,which actually turned out to be pretty fun! They stood locked when he gave in with a laugh, he untangled there horns and looked to find her gaze. That was fun! he exclaimed, Show me that spot you were talking about He said as he nudged her.  It didn't really matter what they did, he was having fun regardless, but he wanted to see more of Hyaline. It seemed Warlight was born here, if anyone knew the in and outs od Hyaline, it would be someone born here.
    Somehow they manage to tossel and keep their eyes and skulls intact and functional. When their game comes to an end Clayton reminds her of their mission, and she is happy to set to a task once again. This time her small frame finds a comfortable canter, and she adjusts her speed so they can remain side by side. "Do you want to be a warrior?" She asks, their battle still fresh in her mind as they travel. "I do, I want to be a general someday."

Continuously climbing, Warlight picks her was around stones and spiky shrubs, rarely lifting her eyes from the earth. Her breath is becoming labored as the air thins and the path disappears. It is impossible to run now, as they scale what is left of the summit. This place would be unreachable come winter, at least to anyone without wings. 

"This isn't my favorite place ever," she says in a tone which implies she has more wisdom than she does, "but it's almost my favorite place... my favorite place in Hyaline at least." 

Then she is there - the highest peak in Hyaline - and her mothers' kingdom stretches out below her feet. Behind them most of Loess is visible, and to the west, the endless expanse of the ocean fills her with wonder.

@[Clayton]
    Clayton
    Every Tape Has Two Sides

Once there antlers unhooked and he returned there conversation to there original mission Warlight was off again. She said nothing and moved into a graceful canter that he happily followed beside her. Do you want to be a warrior? she asks him I do she announced. He had heard of the diplomat and warrior caste, although he never gave it much thought, he was just a foal after all. He cantered at her side for a few strides before responding to her question I think I would have to test each one out for myself. He would need to know all the details of each caste before making a promise I think I would make a good diplomat his antlers were surely a conversation starter.......but maybe I would make a good warrior with my antlers and all. He rolled his eyes up in an attempt to gaze at the horns that twirled upon his dome. A giggle escaped his maw as he flicked his gaze to Warlight I think you would make the best general! I would follow you. He smiles, there bodies brushing against each other every few strides.

They traveled for a bit more, his canter became slower as they start to climb and avoid stones and shrubs, though he tried his best to remain beside Warlight. The air became more dense, he did not realize how high up they were until he gazed around to his side. His eyes grew wide, he had never been this high before!

This isn't my favorite place, but its almost my favorite place. She said, he didn't care, he really just needed an excuse to play with her. They came to a halt, and as he gazed out for a moment he was scared, but he couldn't let her see! They stood at the peak of Hyaline, you could see almost all of the kingdom, even some of Loess! Is your family from Hyaline? He asks, curious if her family was more present than his own.

@[Warlight]

His passing fear slides by unnoticed by the unruly filly as her gaze remains locked on the distant horizon. But his question causes her to return her full attention to him. Shale shifts below her hooves as she turns to face him, her dark eyes imperious. 

"My family?" Her tone rises as her surprise creeps into her voice. Her family happened to be larger than many herds - they were her whole world and she had never met anyone who wasn't them, much less didn't know them. Which is of course very exciting, but she half believes he is only mistaken. 

"Kagerus, Solace, Svedka, Velk, Valdis, Abysm, Rhea, Koko ... " Warlight rattles off the names with pride in her voice, watching his face for any signs of recognition.  "...and my brothers call me Will. Rhea doesn't talk a lot and that's easier for him to say."

"What about you? Is it just you and Keeper?"

Warlight
    Soul as sweet as blood red jam

@[Clayton]
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]