• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Starlight--Starbright -[Warlight]
    Somehow they manage to tossel and keep their eyes and skulls intact and functional. When their game comes to an end Clayton reminds her of their mission, and she is happy to set to a task once again. This time her small frame finds a comfortable canter, and she adjusts her speed so they can remain side by side. "Do you want to be a warrior?" She asks, their battle still fresh in her mind as they travel. "I do, I want to be a general someday."

Continuously climbing, Warlight picks her was around stones and spiky shrubs, rarely lifting her eyes from the earth. Her breath is becoming labored as the air thins and the path disappears. It is impossible to run now, as they scale what is left of the summit. This place would be unreachable come winter, at least to anyone without wings. 

"This isn't my favorite place ever," she says in a tone which implies she has more wisdom than she does, "but it's almost my favorite place... my favorite place in Hyaline at least." 

Then she is there - the highest peak in Hyaline - and her mothers' kingdom stretches out below her feet. Behind them most of Loess is visible, and to the west, the endless expanse of the ocean fills her with wonder.

@[Clayton]

Messages In This Thread
    Starlight--Starbright -[Warlight] - by Clayton - 08-06-2018, 07:06 PM
    RE: Starlight--Starbright -[Warlight] - by Warlight - 08-09-2018, 02:13 PM