• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

(open) Legend has said...

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Breckin takes a little longer to recognize her - oh right, the last time she'd seen her spotted friend and fellow diplomat, was the night before. But that was all a haze at best, and for all she knew the bad apples had caused the change. Not something she wanted to admit to anyone, and, Breckin seemingly unharmed, she wasn't sure what's what.

None of these thoughts really mattered, as she returned her friend's greeting but, narrowed her gaze at the "well enough" answer. Now, if they weren't meeting with someone new, she would have pried for the source of the sadness in her eyes, but right now she accepted it for what it was. "Fine. Although a certain someone has decided to go travelling to fairies-know-where." She shook her head with a mild smile, she missed him, but nothing was to be done about it until he returned home. Maybe then she could tell him.

She nods at the answer Breckin gives the young palomino. "I'm an Ambassador for my kingdom, so I also took the diplomatic path. Currently, we have a lack of kingdom members that are actively recruiting and patrolling, which is why I am here. I'm sure Breckin has the same interest." she acknowledged.

The name Umani struck a bell somewhere, she must have heard some gossip some time ago, but she rarely talked gossip to - "Ah, but you don't have to bow, please." It looked silly she would do that to her and not to Breckin, although, she'd just told them of her high title which Breckin had elected not to do, so maybe that was it. It would never occur to her that some horses considered a pegasus or a unicorn a higher being than themselves.

She chuckled. "I see you're not one to catch up on the latest gossip either. Nerine is the north-westernmost kingdom of the island Beqanna, and stands out for it's ragged, rocky coastline. To the south of that lies my own Hyaline, the mountain kingdom. Further south is Loess, they have the hills and the hot springs, and furthermore south-east lies Sylva, a dark and dreadful forest I would not wish you to go, for your own good. In between the Field here and those kingdoms I mentioned, are the forest and the river, which finds it's source in Hyaline's mountains. To the north of us are Tephra" - she nods at a distant mountain which seems to emit a grey cloud of ash, "and Ischia, the tropical islands." she explains patiently.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Vic] In general it would be nice to post in the order of entering the thread; that way everybody gets to post before you answer again, so all get an equal amount of replies in. Wink Right now it doesn't matter for the flow of the story though, so no harm done, just a future thing.
    @[Breckin]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    (open) Legend has said... - by Vic - 08-08-2018, 07:56 PM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Breckin - 08-08-2018, 08:47 PM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Ilma - 08-09-2018, 03:31 AM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Vic - 08-09-2018, 06:49 AM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Breckin - 08-09-2018, 10:37 AM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Vic - 08-09-2018, 11:52 AM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Ilma - 08-09-2018, 02:26 PM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Breckin - 08-10-2018, 06:45 PM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Vic - 08-11-2018, 12:25 PM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Ilma - 08-11-2018, 03:43 PM