• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Summer School Results
    [Image: chalkboard_words_summer_school_with_drawings_of_sun.jpg]

Parting Of Ways

Tir looks at the four young horses that have completed all the classes. He nods to them. "I'm afraid all of you have to re-read upon what the words "perfect progressive" indicate. Some of you tried, but put in so many other tenses that when striking them against one another, only a few points were left. Don't worry, you still passed... except you."
    His eyes land on Zain, and shakes his head. He had been cutting on the edges constantly, but now he ultimately failed - not worse than the rest of them in comparison, but it was still a failure on this last assignment. The teacher shrugs, and, thinking of the plant that Zain had killed, revives it with a single thought.
    Still a god, after all.

He moves on to the assignment scoring without much further ado.

ZainPondBreckinLucrezia
    Grammar, correct use of tense* (20%)0%0%3%1%
    Word count (10%)10%10%10%10%
    Spelling and interpunction (10%)6%10%
    9%9%
    Interaction (20%)
    10%20%15%20%
    Explanation of chosen profession (15%)
    5%15%15%15%
    Do you like the job (incl. personality) (10%)10%10%10%10%
    Creativity (10%)5%10%10%10%
    Details/flow of story (5%)3%5%5%5%
    Total (100%)49%
    80%77%80%
    First assignment66%85%100%85%
    Second assignment71%98%94%96%
    Average score (3 assignments)62%87.7%90.3%87%

"I believe you all learned something in the end. Even Zain. You may return to Beqanna now. I hope you can use this experience in your further life."

Quest rewards will be added shortly, after Cassi approval, but I did not want to keep you waiting on the scores too long Wink.
    Dear students,

Your results ranged from excellent to promising to balancing on the edge and failing the last assignment. But I can see that you all put time and effort in this, and so, I will reward you accordingly.

@Breckin
    You managed to get a 100% score on your history assignment, and handled the others with the dignity that befits a diplomat: compliments to your character and self-control. However, it did not escape me that you seem to have a little trouble reading the emotions of those around you, especially the humans.
    For getting an overall score above 90% and placing first, you will be rewarded with the 2-space trait “Empathic Echoes”. I hope this will aid you reading the emotions of others in the future, as well as reflect on actions in the past if you want to confront your previous encounters again. You should gain full control over this in about a year’s time, it may be erratic until then.
    You may post in updates if you want this to be genetic or not.

@Pond
    You learned fast, though made a mishap with the last assignment; but you’re not the only one. You are a cute and pleasing girl, and I am afraid that your current shadow wings will never lift you for that. One so bright as you should not be punished like that for good behaviour, and so you will be rewarded with one of the following. Please make your decision by posting it in the updates board (genetic or non-genetic).
    1. The 1-space trait “Flight without Wings” OR
    2. A different set of wings (1-space) of your choosing.

@Lucrezia
    You managed to finish your assignments well, but always in the nick of time. I know that procrastination can be made up for by racing, which you seem to like, but perhaps in the future you want to change your behaviour a bit.
    To give you this chance, you will be rewarded with the 1-space trait “Singular Regeneration”. Please post in updates if you want this to be genetic or not.

@ Zain
    For killing my plant and failing the last assignment, and pulling faces at me and your fellow students, but nonetheless learning something -
    You will be punished with the 0-space trait “Flowers”. These will not wilt or die for the coming 6 BQ months.
    Should you wear them with dignity and behave better than you did in class, you may post an update in 6 BQ months (Sept 10 Realtime) to swap them for another aesthetic, 0-space trait (e.g. not immortality/longevity). Let the fairies know if you want this to be genetic or not in the updates board.
    I rely on your classmates to point you in the appropriate direction.

May you learn something from this and from your new traits. Congratulations.

With that, the teacher disappears suddenly, as does the classroom. The four horses find themselves in the field.