• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

with the snow, my hell is cold [luster]
    Now it is her turn to tip her head at him in a curious way, soft and silvered and with just a hint of amusement tugging once more at the corners of her quiet mouth. “What in the world is a Kraken?” She asks, shakes her head and laughs - and it is such a soft sound, an old sound, and for just a moment it gives her pause. Cracks open a window to her past where, for just an instant, she can glimpse things she does not want to be reminded of.

It feels like a fist buried in her chest, fingers spread to capture the heart within, to crush it or maim it or, perhaps, just to watch and wonder how such a wretched, mangled thing still finds the will to beat.

His voice tugs her back out of her dark though, and for just the briefest moment there is something almost familiar to it. Her brow furrows and those wild brown eyes settle back against his face again, shipwrecks on the shores of impossible familiarity. She wants to ask him that time old question - do i know you, have we met? but there is so much that holds her back, an unmoving weight on her tongue that forces her silent. A sense that knowing would be worse? Or the apathy of knowing he is not who she would wish him to be.

She waits a beat to answer, turns from him in a gentle way and makes her way to the waves lapping sleepily against the sand just a few strides away. “Your island?” She repeats finally when the water has reached her knees and she has come to a stop, dropping her nose to the surface to unleash those firefly lights she had once made to swim through the dark of someone elses waters. “However did you manage to get one of your very own.” There is new light in the angles of that delicate blue and white face when she lifts her head to look back at him, a smile that says she’s not fighting so hard to forget right now, that it doesn’t hurt to remember these flickering lights as they swim through her legs like little starry fish. But then a shadow touches her cheek and spreads across her face, just soft, wary uncertainty when she asks, “what is the brotherhood?”

Messages In This Thread
    with the snow, my hell is cold [luster] - by Ivar - 08-11-2018, 10:31 AM
    RE: with the snow, my hell is cold [luster] - by luster - 08-25-2018, 06:38 PM