• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any
    Said distant horse is caught up in his own distant world, but not enough to elude their notice (or them to elude his, for they are loud and he is not). The filly is not at all wet, damp maybe from ocean sprays but why should this even surprise him? There’s so much magic in this world; he recently saw it (although it literally pains to think about. He may be recovering from a small concussion of sorts if you forget about the skull-cracking that had been part of it). Brennen’s got magic too, he realizes one moment later - incredibly late for his standards, but it doesn’t matter right now. Brennen’s immortal. Brennen has more children than one can count. Maybe he should ask how he manages, because he clearly does a better job at it than Leilan.

But there’s a bright-white filly in the way... who happenes to be shouting. While his facial features cringe just a little at the loudness of her voice in his throbbing head, he moves closer in hopes this will help her talk on a normal decibel level. If not, he feels like his head will split, but he knows that it won’t. Sadly.

He can’t help but notice her age. Chryseis’ age. He hasn’t visited the blue roan girl for a time now, caught up in his own troubles. Perhaps she deserves a visit. Ice fairy said as much. For all he knows Chryseis could have inherited crazy traits after all; his own aura, or his Scorch’s freaky twilight magic. Looking at Kypria, he manages a smile. Weary, as Brennen would notice, but probably for the enthusiastic girl it’d be too subtle. ”Nice to meet you, Kypria. I’m Leilan. Who are your parents? Are you sneaking away from them every night?” he wonders. There’s a patch of blue that might be a giveaway, but, he doesn’t know all of Ischia’s inhabitants all that well, he realizes. Sure, there’s Jes, and Bel, and Vis, and Kori if he hadn’t gotten himself eaten by a shark yet. He pains his head to think of more - there’s more in the family category - but he gives up, awaiting the girl’s answer.

At her statement of learning how to swim and her rapidfire question, he nods at his legs - the bioluminescence fading, only one or two little blue stars remain, stubborn specks of glowing plankton. He shakes the water from his fur. ”I wasn’t riding seatortles if that’s what you were thinking.” he teases, the slightest sparkle returning to his eye, though perhaps not as bright as it once was. It’s a beginning. It’s something. He doesn’t know if it’s healing or scarring, but at least he’s not bleeding any more.

He looks at Brennen with one questioning glance. ”Do you only come out at night?” he wants to know. If so, that might be the reason nobody was around to notice where he was - why Vis had decided to just roll about the sands. Why of all horses present, it had to be Leilan to kick him up and challenge him for battle like a self-proclaimed substitute war leader. But a bad one. Just a minic that happened to care for his homeland not to be immediately destroyed by the first invader to come for it.

He’s pretty sure that without Brennen, the whole thing would surely still come tumbling down like the cardhouse it currently is.

And maybe it’s just that he’s miserable in his personal life, that he can’t help but think there’s doom looming. But can a joker take a break for once? He’s endured enough, and with the fairy’s latest curse or gift, there must be more to come. Right? Brennen must have come out for a reason. Even if it’s to call the whole thing off and let them scatter again in the world, that’s still a reason.

@[Brennen] @[Kypria] still no html, working on something to fit he mood (:
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Leilan - 08-27-2018, 06:54 AM