• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis]
    He seems puzzled by my answer, but that's no surprise. Most of my time has been taken up with Delta; the two of us have had little time to be alone. It strikes me, as I watch him, that we've not been alone together since I conceived nearly over a year ago. There was always someone else nearby - our son, one of the herd mares, a kingdom member. Someone. W'd been busy with our kingdom as well, me as Cleric and him as Champion, and it seems that adult tasks take up more time than I'd thought.

For a moment, I long for the ease of my childhood. I had been queen, but it had been of an empty kingdom. There was so little to do that the moment Arthas appeared out of the autumn woods, I had hyper-focused on the dappled stallion. He was everything that a lonely young queen could want: handsome, confident, authoritative. When I'd given him the throne of Loess, he'd become powerful as well.

That had sealed it for me, kept me iron and resolute despite the torments of Sylva. I was waiting for my king, I had told myself on the darkest days; he would come for me and I would be his queen. My dark muzzle reaches for his side as I ponder if it was the position or the emotion that I coveted, but then he is racing away.

I follow with a laugh, glad to put such thoughts behind me.

My wings are held tight to my sides as I bolt forward, struggling to match the strides of the taller stallion. I eventually reach an equilibrium and our paces match. The hills are a blur as we run, and the rising sun lights a gold path ahead of us.

"Thanks to Nerine, I guess." I answer. "I woke up a few days after delivering the captive to them and I was whole again." Even that seems more recent then it had been. Weeks, I realize, and weeks since I have seen our golden king. As Cleric, my role is fairly independent, but I had been having more and more trouble tracking down Wolfbane of late. I'd convinced myself that was a good thing, that he'd decided to put professional distance between us after our encounter. Perhaps, I think as Arthas and I race through the kingdom, it was not.

Messages In This Thread
    On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-19-2018, 07:11 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-19-2018, 08:51 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-21-2018, 08:37 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-23-2018, 07:07 AM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-28-2018, 06:58 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-29-2018, 12:14 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-31-2018, 11:33 AM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-31-2018, 01:23 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-31-2018, 07:57 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 09-03-2018, 06:49 AM