• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis]
    The land races past us, and despite knowing that we have gone farther than the mile I had planned, I still find it difficult to pull up when Arthas slows beside me. The wind had felt glorious, but even as I slow to a walk, I can still feel the adrenaline racing through my veins. With it comes a sense of contentment, and though Arthas begins to address me in a somber manner, I close the space between us without thought.

I fit beside him perfectly, my shoulder tucked behind his and my head beginning to rise to groom his mane. My efforts stop when he begins to speak, and I draw back just far enough to watch him as he speaks. My blue-grey eyes are curious, especially as he begins to speak of the things that I had so recently considered.

He has feelings for me. The confession would have made my teenage heart race, but it only brings a soft smile to my blue lips today. He wants me more than the others. I am torn between disbelief (has he not looked at Rey recently? I can not compare to her) and pride (of course he does, I am Lepis). I settle for the response that I know he wants, the answer that he deserves.

”I am yours. I have been since the day we met.” At this I press a gentle kiss to the edge of his jaw. My own feelings are inconsequential( I am more fond of the grey stallion’s company than any other’s. He is my closest friend, after all, the only one who knows the true extent of what had happened in Sylva.

Still, there is something he had said. Does he mean to put me above the others, tocbe the sole recipient of his affections? The idea is oddly disconcerting. I had rather enjoyed my autumn, free of harassment in quiet Loess. ”You know I don’t mind if there are other woman, right?” Confessing that the late night efforts to conceive our child had been an effort to ensure he - and not Kwartz or Modicum Mortem - was the father rather than a result of my lust is not something I am willing to say aloud.

Not knowing does not hurt him in any way, though I worry now that he might want to try for another child. I love Delta, there is no doubt of that, but the thought of sex is repulsive. It is not Arthas’ fault, I remind myself, and if he wants me when the season is right I will give him what he is owed. Still, the possibility that I might avoid it entirely is too close to let slip away. ”It’s not my place to be jealous. You should have whatever mares you like, and I will consider them my sisters.” I’ve always wanted a big family, after all. Perhaps this is another way to get one.

Messages In This Thread
    On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-19-2018, 07:11 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-19-2018, 08:51 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-21-2018, 08:37 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-23-2018, 07:07 AM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-28-2018, 06:58 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-29-2018, 12:14 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-31-2018, 11:33 AM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-31-2018, 01:23 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Arthas - 08-31-2018, 07:57 PM
    RE: On My Mind All The Time -[Lepis] - by Lepis - 09-03-2018, 06:49 AM