• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when your angels can't sing//Amorette
    Breckin

There was nothing but a muted static; it was all that her mind could afford.

The ragged outliers of Taigas giants grew denser the farther her well-toned limbs trekked onward.  It wasn't until a familiar path strayed to the right that her focus shifted.  The destination had been to the expanse of Field but found her attention drifting elsewhere.  As her head turned, she could feel a mild pressure building behind her eyes, a warning sign.

Her latest gift had presented in the early mornings of Nerine a few weeks back.  For a time, she'd thought she'd gone mental; truthfully she wasn't still convinced otherwise either, perhaps the thought wasn't entirely without reason.  But the timing had indicated that it was likely the trigger of her empathic echoes.  There was much she had to discover yet, the only definite things she could claim were the abilities to pick up on other's emotions, and glimpses of emotional memories passed.  It didn't really help to know this, however, because much of the time she lost track of where her own feelings ended and other's emotions began.  It was an emotional gray chaos, and to compensate for the assaults, she'd been forced to grow slightly colder, slightly more distant.  It was simply boiled down self-preservation.

Try as she might negate them, her abilities still broke free of her grasp, becoming erratic to the point where she had to find solace in solitude--to remember who she was.

Today had been uneventful until now, her eyes training deeper into the Forest with placidity.  Did she want to go down that path again?  The Forest had become taboo since she'd last seen Leilan there, followed by accidentally happening upon Briseis and their beautiful daughter Chryseis.

Isn't it funny, how the things you thought you had overcome, can come back to haunt you tenfold worse in a different kind of way?

chase the sky into the ocean

@[Amorette]
    One’s own thoughts and emotions can lead to chaos by itself, and if you throw memories into that mix, the chaos can be pretty painful and traumatizing too.

She hadn’t come back to the forest since she and Warrick had found the mangled bodies of Brennen’s girls. The sight had haunted her for weeks, had kept her from sleeping, and had broken her heart. You have to be a monster to hurt, mangle and kill a child. And if it had not been for Levi’s return, the memories would’ve still been influencing her dreams.

But so does his return bring back unwanted memories. These, too, are painful, but Amorette has no-one to blame, save for herself. He had never pledged himself to her, never said anything like it, but her mind had been eager to fill in the gaps, too eager. Never has she regretted Byrne, but she’d rather saved herself of the heartache. Then, perhaps, she wouldn’t have hesitated to save Kolera, right here, underneath this tree, when she almost died of birth complications after giving life to Levi’s son.

And because of that, Amorette had almost lost herself, and failed to carry out exactly that what she felt like the right thing to do in life. She hadn’t gotten her healing power for nothing, something she is still grateful for, but so has she pledged herself to the good and the right.

She is lost in though. Neither bad or good ones, just thoughts. Thoughts that trouble her, but also fluster her. It would be a lie to say she isn’t conflicted, here and there, and her heart calls to both. However, she is not too lost in thoughts to notice the soft footsteps coming in her direction. Amore’s gaze moves to the right, where she thinks she sees something moving.

“Hello?”

@[Breckin]

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide
    The static gradually intensifies, as does the build of pressure behind her eyes.  But she is so lost in the dull ache of her own thoughts, she doesn’t consider that perhaps a fragment of the emotions belong to someone else.  Breckin selfishly believes them to be largely her own, brought upon by the memories of recent past, mentally debating the possible benefits of reliving that terrible moment all over again.  Would there something to learn from it? Or would she simple be cursed to decipher and overcome a storm of emotions?  Would it be worth it?

At some point, she must have unknowingly began to move deeper into the Forest, as though her subconscious knew it best to revisit the past on their own accord.  And practically trancelike in motion, she did nothing to stop herself.

”Hello?”

The soft voice is impossibly loud as it registers, and it stills the rambling voices in the trouble mare’s head in to shattered silence.  Unfortunately the start is enough to physically jar her, involuntarily sending a telekinetic wave around her and outward, casting sticks and branches in the circumference that surrounds her.  The quiet that falls again is enough to snap Breckin out of her torrential thoughts, and when she’s sure no immediate threat is upon her, she quickly glances about her, eyes fall to a dark colored mare nearby, seemingly caught off guard.

”Are you okay?,” she calls hesitantly in the other’s direction, unwilling to approach her directly yet, she didn’t want to make the other believe the leopard mare to be an actual threat. ”I apologize, I hadn’t expected to see someone else here and I was startled.”  It was slightly embarrassing really, she thought she at least had decent control over her telekinesis; add another thing to the list she need to work on further.

Smiling back apologetically to the other woman, ”I’m Breckin, from Nerine.”

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

@[Amorette]
    Never would she have imagined that her petty struggles would get mixed up in a stranger’s feelings. Feelings she shouldn’t have had in the first place, but still has anyway. It is not that she wishes she does not have them, because they are genuine, but Amorette is afraid what the hope that accompanies the feelings will do if it gets crushed.

Not something the ebony and golden woman wants to think about. Rather banishing it to the back of her mind instead of be confronted with it. But how can she, standing at the base of the tree where Kolera almost lost her life?

Yet, the kinetic blast and sticks that comes her way is not what Amore had in mind to help her momentarily forget about her worries. The surprise has her frozen, eyes wide and lips parted as a surprised yelp escapes past her lips. Before the sound has a chance of dying down, and just before the objects slam into her, flames burn bright and hot and lick at her sides, burning the sticks and branches to ashes.

Amorette does not know what shocked her more. The kinetic blast, or the fire that formed an armor around her in favour of keeping the objects from slamming into her.

The ebony woman blinks her dark eyes a couple of times, before snorting loudly as a shiver runs down her spine. The hesitant voice pulls her out of her haze, and dark eyes find the spotted mare. “I..” she starts, but is forced to pause to clear her throat. “I’m okay, I think..” she answers still a little hazed, eyes quickly glancing at her own body to check for burns. Then turns back to the mare pretty amazed. “I’m sorry for startling you like that.. but that was quite a blast.”

Slowly getting back to her senses, Amorette moves forward to close some of the distance between them. She respects the stranger’s personal space, though she prefers to be closer herself. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Breckin, quite a flaming meeting though,” she replies with a smile, her dark eyes twinkling for a moment before offering a more apologetic smile. “My name is Amorette. Tephra is my home.” Perhaps not too surprising, with the fire blast that just kept her from harm, and the ashes and smell of sulphur on her skin.

“You’ve strayed quite a bit from Nerine. I hope the trip didn’t offer too many obstacles?”

@[Breckin]
    Sorry for the wait! Hope it was worth it ^^

Breckin
    There had been a cascade of her telekinetic powers outward, and towards the unsuspecting ebony mare lingering in the forest.  Breckin's actions had been unintentional and impulsive, and there had been nothing she could to stop the blast of downed limbs and twigs from being hurtled in the other's direction; she had been simply too startled to intervene.  But she watches slightly mesmerized, as the other woman who seems to mirror the same expression of surprise, cloaks herself in the brightest of flames, turning her arsenal of wooden objects to nothing more than gray ash that fell harmlessly in light tufts around her.

Brows knit slightly together, pondering what kind of spectacle she had just witnessed.  She looks back to mee the gaze of the other woman, but her quizzical stare gives the Nerinian no answers.  Apparently, she had surprised herself as well.

"No need to apologize, I just wasn't paying attention.  I have a poor habit of getting lost in my thoughts."

With a small huff of laughter, the spotted mare nods in acknowledgment of Amorette's quip about their circumstances becoming a flaming meeting.  Without much effort, an easy smile rearranges her expression from lingering surprise to warm friendliness.  The ebony mare had mentioned Tephra as her homeland, and immediately Breckin's curious interest frows a degree further.  The volcanic land had become somewhat dormant as of late, and she can't help but wonder exactly what was occurring on the opposite side of Beqanna.

"Thankfully, my journey has been rather uneventful up until now," she says jokingly, taking a few steps closer to better her the Tephran woman.  "I had been seeking some answers to some personal problems, as well as perhaps a brief reprieve from running a kingdom.  Thankfully I was surprised enough it seems as though it rattled some troublesome thoughts back into their rightful places.  What about you, what brings you to the Forest today, Amorette?"

@[Amorette]
    It is not every day that you learn you have an ability of which you did not know before. Upon birth, Amorette had not been gifted with physical traits or mental abilities. And to be honest, she hadn’t lacked a thing. Her childhood memories are full of family and friends, loved, secured and carefree, what else could she have wished for?

First she had discovered her ability to heal through fire, only to learn the same fire protects her too. It had taken her by surprise, just as much as the spotted mare seemed to not fully grasp what had just happened. At least, Amore could be sure that it hadn’t been up to her imagination alone. “Don’t we all get lost in our daydreams?” she offers with a smile in return, neither Breckin has to apologize.

Though the flames might have surprised them both, they seem to melt whatever could’ve stand between them. She carries the ash with her, but Amorette does no longer notice the smell of sulphur and neither feels she bothered by the ashes. Perhaps not most charming, but it is her nonetheless. In the same way those living near the sea carried a tangy and salty smell. “I hope your journey has offered you some of the answers you seek, and if not, that the break has done you well. I can only imagine the weight of such burden, even though it’s a wonderful one.”

She has seen how it had burdened Warrick, and how it had changed him. Her dark eyes wander over Breckin’s figure again, before meeting her gaze again and smile. She hopes the young queen has the support and friendship that keep her from wandering too far of herself. Or to keep her from forgetting herself.

“I’m not sure, I wonder if it’s because the memories brought up by recent events” she replies, glancing away in the direction she had come from. Even here, she can see the thick tree where Kolera had lied dying. Levi’s return had brought the memories back up, and like last time his disappearance left an emptiness. “And I could kind of use a break too.” Her last words are accompanied with a smile, almost a grin, though it does not reach her eyes. “It would be a lie to tell you that I cope well with changes, and lately there have been a few too many to my tastes.”

New leaders.
    Loved ones disappearing.
    But also the wonderful return of a few long, lost friends.

“Have you travelled beyond Nerine, and the common lands?” she asks, not to pry, but out of interest. Amore’s intentions are ever only good and without malicious intent. She would love to hear about other lands, well, the good ones that was. Amorette has only ever been to Ischia, and a single visit to Taiga’s redwood forest. Nerine is uncharted territory to Amorette, and who could introduce her better than it’s queen?

@[Breckin]
    Hope you enjoy!

Breckin
    Pale ears flicker attentively, carefully regarding the ashen mare with sincere interest.  Flipping her ivory tail against her barrel, she resettles her weight to hover over a single rear limb, and refocuses her attention on the Tephran woman nearby.  Passing her eyes over her, she startles briefly at the metallic ends of her dark locks.  Why hadn’t she noticed it before?  Probably because she was too busy tossing sticks at this poor unsuspecting lady who furthermore surprisingly incinerated them in flames, startling the pair of them even more so.  My, what a duo they were making.

Dark eyes lingering on the gilded ends of her mane, mind momentarily lapsing back to who any color remotely similar  to gold made her think of.  She sighs raggedly before answering, “I’m afraid I have more questions to find answers for now.” Her gaze had drifted to stare distractedly at a tree beyond Amorette’s shoulder, considering further what it was she should do about the untapped memory of her own that the Forest held onto.  But this was no longer the time, nor place to figure it out, and she shakes her spotted head to forcibly rid the rampant thoughts.

Have you travelled beyond Nerine, and the common lands?”

The question brings a quiet smile to her face, easily recalling how readily she’d heeded to wandering’s beckoning call. “I have been everywhere, except for Tephra interestingly enough.”   The volcanic land had never seemed to pop up on her radar in all of her travels, not really having any good reason to venture to the heated land.  It gives Breckin an idea, and her smile widens at the thought.  “Since it seems as though we could both use a distraction, how would you feel about coming to Nerine with me, and I will show you around.  Then I can journey with you to Tephra, and you can show me your home?”

@[Amorette]