• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when your angels can't sing//Amorette
    It is not every day that you learn you have an ability of which you did not know before. Upon birth, Amorette had not been gifted with physical traits or mental abilities. And to be honest, she hadn’t lacked a thing. Her childhood memories are full of family and friends, loved, secured and carefree, what else could she have wished for?

First she had discovered her ability to heal through fire, only to learn the same fire protects her too. It had taken her by surprise, just as much as the spotted mare seemed to not fully grasp what had just happened. At least, Amore could be sure that it hadn’t been up to her imagination alone. “Don’t we all get lost in our daydreams?” she offers with a smile in return, neither Breckin has to apologize.

Though the flames might have surprised them both, they seem to melt whatever could’ve stand between them. She carries the ash with her, but Amorette does no longer notice the smell of sulphur and neither feels she bothered by the ashes. Perhaps not most charming, but it is her nonetheless. In the same way those living near the sea carried a tangy and salty smell. “I hope your journey has offered you some of the answers you seek, and if not, that the break has done you well. I can only imagine the weight of such burden, even though it’s a wonderful one.”

She has seen how it had burdened Warrick, and how it had changed him. Her dark eyes wander over Breckin’s figure again, before meeting her gaze again and smile. She hopes the young queen has the support and friendship that keep her from wandering too far of herself. Or to keep her from forgetting herself.

“I’m not sure, I wonder if it’s because the memories brought up by recent events” she replies, glancing away in the direction she had come from. Even here, she can see the thick tree where Kolera had lied dying. Levi’s return had brought the memories back up, and like last time his disappearance left an emptiness. “And I could kind of use a break too.” Her last words are accompanied with a smile, almost a grin, though it does not reach her eyes. “It would be a lie to tell you that I cope well with changes, and lately there have been a few too many to my tastes.”

New leaders.
    Loved ones disappearing.
    But also the wonderful return of a few long, lost friends.

“Have you travelled beyond Nerine, and the common lands?” she asks, not to pry, but out of interest. Amore’s intentions are ever only good and without malicious intent. She would love to hear about other lands, well, the good ones that was. Amorette has only ever been to Ischia, and a single visit to Taiga’s redwood forest. Nerine is uncharted territory to Amorette, and who could introduce her better than it’s queen?

@[Breckin]
    Hope you enjoy!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when your angels can't sing//Amorette - by Amorette - 09-11-2018, 02:46 PM