• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  as the day breaks and the earth quakes / castile

Solace

Ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering.
    There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

She watches the ebb and flow of his emotions as they wash across his face in waves. He had always been a creature of passion, dark and brooding as the heart of a thundercloud, he had always been electric yet fleeting. 
    To her at least.

'Who are they?' he asks, even as she sees recognition dawning on him and an almost-smile lifting the corners of his eyes. But any hope she selfishly harbored is already plummeting. He had no idea, she realizes. You didn't matter to him, they don't matter to him. 

With this realization, the light in her eyes grows hard as the void created by her fading hope is filled with another emotion - one whos rise is as unexpected as it is powerful. In his absence, she had over invented him into someone he wasn't - the silent guardian, the invisible king. The ever watchful father above, ready to swoop in should the need arise.

But that wasn't who he was.

"Your son, your daughter." She reminds him in a flat voice, which feebly shades her deeper feeling. "They want to know who you are. They ask about you, questions I can't answer."

He steps forward and she feels the vibration of the earth travel up her legs, and the musky scent him  washes over her. The wild light has returned to his mismatched eyes; alive with the same look which drew her in again and again when she was a younger queen. He lowers his voice, husky, masculine, wanting, and she her eyes slide closed under the magnitude of it.

"That doesn't matter."

He dares her, and she refuses. She had been ready to give him everything, she had been ripe, desperate (in love?) and in need of him. But another had sown up for the harvest. His weight had nearly smothered her, the night when she had first felt the grasp of a lover - when the clawing, panting dragon had clasped her under his talons. His bones had cracked on top of her, the creamy perfection of her pale skin had been permanently scarred. She had hated him that night. 

But like a bitch in heat, she had gone back.
    But not again.

"Don't look at me like that," Solace commands, "If you think you're going to fuck me again you'll have to summon that monster to hold me down." 

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as the day breaks and the earth quakes / castile - by Solace - 08-23-2018, 05:29 PM