• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

leaves all sinking, fever dreaming; ANY

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    To a far, far lesser degree, I too can speak to being absent. Perhaps not as some can in this land, I am no relic or legend, no Brennen or Scorch or Prague; but I have done my fair share of disappearing acts. In the wake of the dream which taught me of humans and courtship and war, I found myself withering in the reality which truly belonged to me. At the time, I hadn't the magical abilities to transport myself back to that place, and other places I could only fractionally make up with my imagination, and even less reliably, dream of. Although Kavi left his position as the Chamber's High Priest in order to take me to the Jungle where I could better recuperate and grow, it did little to help...

By the time the Reckoning came, he and I had been separated. I am reliving that time now, as I tread amidst the mossy and log-strewn forest floor which lead to the river. It had been here that I awoke, some years ago now, alone and afraid and completely unsure of how to comport myself after such an absence. But being Queen now has shown me how little that absence had truly been, compared to those of others; I'd not died, I'd not been gone for centuries.

But it was still enough to shake me.

Fog rises from my lips into the below-freezing night air; autumn is here, whispering of winter when all the creatures dare to sleep. In the dark sky above, the moon shines brightly; and where it hits my mahogany coat, filtered in by the half-naked trees, leopard markings shimmer. My body itself is a tribute to the family we had to leave behind, in the world before the Reckoning.. but as my gaze snags on something gold and familiar and ancient, I know that though my body is a glimpse into the past, his is a walking treasure brought back from times of old.

"Stranger," I call, feeling suddenly pressed to know this ancient one before he slips back into an absence of true permanence. His body is no larger than mine, and the colour of his coat reminds me of my beloved and blessedly immortal father, himself being something of a relic, too. Without thinking, my feet pick themselves over logs and fauna, hurrying me closer until us too absentees are so close, that there's no chance that either of us could escape back into the ether.

"Your eyes..." I murmur, amazed by the gold flecks found therein, leaning ever closer. "They have seen more than you care to think about."

@[magnus] this is terrible bad, I am so sorry
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: leaves all sinking, fever dreaming; ANY - by Kagerus - 08-22-2018, 10:57 AM