• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hello everyone! [Any]
    My wings are held far from my sides even on this chilly day. Sweat steams from my buckskin coat in plumes like those from my mouth, and I'm reminded briefly of childhood winter days when I'd pretend to be a dragon like my Uncle. The morning run around the kingdom is a habit of mine, as are the long minutes of silence that I enjoy afterward. Without the curious chatter of my son, I am free to enjoy the sounds of the kingdom around me. Birds chirp and the distant river roars, barely audible over the sound of wind across the hills.

'Hello?' - that voice breaks into my reverie, and for a moment I am not sure I heard anything. But the word is followed by a breath of wind that carries with it the scent of a stranger. I'm not alone after all, it seems.

The idea of meeting someone new is not as taxing to me as it might have been to others; despite my experiences I am at heart a social creature. My recent addition of physical fitness to my skills has made me bolder as well. There is nothing to fear if I am strong enough.

I crest a hill and spot the palomino, and I tuck my long golden wings into my sides to better maneuver through the close brush. "Hello!" I call out in greeting, a friendly smile on my navy blue muzzle. I pick my way down the rocky hillside until we are close enough for conversation.

Shaking my navy forelock away from my blue-grey eyes, I glance over at the stranger. He is surprisingly glittery, but as a navy-pointed pegasus, I have no room to talk. It is rather fitting for him too, I decide. "I'm Lepis," I tell him. "Welcome to Loess."

Messages In This Thread
    Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 08-22-2018, 10:11 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 08-23-2018, 07:18 AM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 08-23-2018, 02:47 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 08-29-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 08-31-2018, 07:12 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 09-04-2018, 07:36 AM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 09-08-2018, 12:54 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 09-15-2018, 10:04 AM