• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Family Ties || Ilma, Svedka, any
    Hyaline. The great precipice that held both excitement and hesitation within its mountainous fold. Within its protective fold it contained a promise - a reassurance of a new beginning. Somewhere, hidden within its spanse, Svedka sat unexpectantly. As far as she knew, he was completely oblivious to the peace offering that toddled at her side. She had taken her time, of course, blaming their slow progress on the filly's lack of wings and clumsy aptitude. It was almost too easy to postpone his inevitable reaction. No doubt he would be shocked to discovered that their previous entanglement had not been without consequence. Perhaps, even more so, he would even be a bit hurt that she had chosen to hide rather than share the pregnancy with him. Her stomach churned.

Entering easily into Hyaline, and having previously been aligned with Nerine, she couldnt help but feel lost admits the towering peaks. It felt as if one thousand eyes watched her from their perches above, their eyes judgemental and leering. Following Ilma, she kept Faellyn tucked closely at her side despite her wandering eyes. She was weary, Nymf sensed it in the drop of her blue and white head. Much of her naturally energetic nature had faded as they days turned to weeks...to months...

Her pace quickened to match Ilma's and she exhaled in relief. "So this is Hyaline," she remarked with a peace she hadnt felt since she'd determined to make the voyage. She halted a moment to meet her guide's eyes. "I feel like I will never be able to thank you enough. For all that you have done for me...for us..."

Nymf
    I Have No Tears Left To Cry

I know this is short, I'm sorry! I just really wanted to get something up to progress the plot. 

Mostly for @[Ilma] and @[Svedka] but anyone is welcome to join in on the fun!

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The truth of it is, Ilma hasn't seen Svedka for some time now either - which bothers her and, frankly, starts to worry her also. But she doesn't want to tell Nymf that, who'd recently birthed their daughter, who'd be upset in her weakened state. So the white woman leads the copper-pointed cremello and her sky-blue daughter over the hills and into the mountains, but only weeks, months after finding her because she had not found her father either.

They're stopping frequently, letting the filly rest, and once again Ilma regrets not having met the winged mare sooner, offered her Hyaline as a temporary place to stay until the foal was born - Fae would have been born here then, and been safe, with family close by. But she had not, she had been born early in the river land, and now the trek was long. But they made it anyway, and both her companions seemed impressed with the peaks as the white and lit figure moved between the rocks and passes to get to the main area - there where the lake and the wisteria tree were. A wisteria tree that still lacked a fleck of gold between it's branches, something she had become accustomed to but she always checked anyway.

Her eyes search the premises but quickly conclude it's remarkably empty on this side of the lake. Ilma let's her eye fall back on the woman and child following her, Nymf again and again expressing her gratitude. The sunlight-winged mare walks back to press her nose to her new friends', shakes her head. "It's a sanctuary. Of course we'll take you." She smiles at Faellyn, too. "Especially one that's related. Now, come on - I'll see if I can find you a place to rest. If you're lucky, we can find Svedka, but you know how he is..." He wanders. For all she knows he's not even in Beqanna any longer, but elsewhere, and she doesn't know when he'll ever find the time to return. But she knows one thing - he'll be back some day, because his sister lives here, and Velk and Valdis and Llowell must be in his heart, too. Herself? Hmm, she's not sure how he feels. Best not keep her hopes up. Especially in front of the mother of his only child (if it is his only child; she just doesn't know anything anymore).

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Nymf]
    @[Svedka] idk if your mountain lion shifting thing is the excuse for being away buuuut it'd be useful for us to know if we should wait for you or not
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    @[Ilma] @[Nymf] yes he is going to be in the mountains of hyaline for the time being, so he will be MIA! <3