• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I told you that I need affection; any
    Vulgaris
    "  when she's coming for my heart it feels like armageddon. "

He has kept to himself when it comes to his new home in Loess, though he’s been busying himself in the meadows and forests lately. There is a tinge on remorse spreading like ink through him the more he thinks of it. Vulgaris knows very well that he has been a miserable example of a father to his previous children and even sculpted Cellar to be nothing more than a slave for the highest bidder. What right did he have to go about bringing more of his offspring into this world? A frown fixes itself to his face and he racks his brain for some idea, some opportunity for redemption within his family. His sage-colored eyes lift from the ground before him to examine the kingdom – safe, quiet, stable. Perhaps he could bring them here?

He swallows nervously at the thought.

Hunting down Faolin and convincing her to become a resident of Loess sounded like trying to bathe a cat, so that option was clearly off the table. Leliana could snatch his heart from him in an instant if he didn’t keep himself guarded. He’s not ready for anyone to sink their teeth into him like that just yet, so he dismisses the idea of approaching her with such a request. That left only Ailana, the beautiful girl with flowers in her hair. Sure he’d slept with her, but he couldn’t see himself making any vows of eternity for her. He still finds the idea of having her and whatever sort of monster they produced nearby a nice thought, however. There would be some comfort in knowing they’re safe so long as they’re with him.

The serpent boy wanders to the area dominated by the cacti and aloe plants, away from the scent of pine needles and firs. He’s surprised the desert flora do so well here in the autumn when his breath is coming out in little puffs of white air. Vulgaris likes the way they look when the morning frost collects on their little needles, though, so he’s certainly not complaining. His gaze finds the horizon as he takes some comfort in having made up his mind, leaving him in the right state of mind to appreciate the orange and purple colors of the sunset. A slow sigh leaves him as the dying day paints him in shades of gold and dark blues to match the kingdom.

Perhaps the future isn’t as dismal as he previously thought.
    if multiple people want to reply, i would actually love that. vul needs friends.

Kiss Thy Poison From My Lips

They had returned from the playground, his sister Mary and him.  There had been a close call but everything had turned out alright in the end.  He was relieved to finally be home, safe and sound.  

Cresting the edge of one of the many hills of his home, he parts with Mary with a whickered goodbye.  Her mother fetching her quickly and so he continues on alone.  An unbeaten trail is his path home -nares testing the winds for his mother's scent- and it winds up and down grassy knolls, around boulders and into a more dry climate.  This land never ceased to amaze him with what treasures it held.  Peridot eyes danced along the horizons palette of colors in awe as he traveled for some distance.  For a brief moment he stops to gaze upon it, art was best observed with stillness.  As he turns, having not found the scent of his mother yet, he wonders where she could be.  

Eyes dart from left to right, expecting to spot a familiar form within the lands.  It is when a reflection of the setting sun paints another in yellowish tones, does he called out, "Mother!" There is a glee-fullness in his voice one would expect from a child.  Slender limbs leapt into a trot but as he comes closer to the equine form, he questions his earlier thoughts, "Mother?" He slows when he realizes this is not Lepis -he has no wings afterall- and immediately apologizes, "Oh... I.. I am sorry Sir.  I was looking for my mother..." His voice trails in his disappointment before piping up again, "Have you seen my Mother?  Lepis?"  His eyes bright and hopeful look up to to elder adult.  He does not consider that the stranger may not even know who his mother was.  Just on the assumption that everyone who lived here would know everyone else, was naive, as expected of a child...  

Delta

@[vulgaris]
    Vulgaris
    "  when she's coming for my heart it feels like armageddon. "

Vulgaris has not been around children since Cellar was just a newborn thing, all ribs and knobby knees while she trailed along behind him. (He forgets, of course, about Pond. She’s a plaything in his mind and not a child at all.) He has no idea how to behave as the little colt comes hurrying to his side while calling for his mother. The gray serpent turns his head to watch his approach with a look of surprise across his face but he doesn’t recoil from the attention. Instead, he lowers his head to the child’s height and watches him explain.

The name Lepis does not bring a face to memory but he can understand why a child might assume everyone knows their parent. His mother is the center of his universe, at this age. There was a time when Larva and Dillan were gods among mere mortals whom everyone must know. It brings a soft chuckle from somewhere in his throat with a smile that lingers in place. He keeps his lips pressed together, though, so that his fangs might not frighten the boy.

That is when he recalls the murmurings he had heard of Lepis being a captive, however. He supposes a distraction is necessary then. After all, he needs practice for when his own children are born in the spring.

I haven’t seen Lepis today, little friend. You can stay with me until she comes home if you’d like,” he says softly as he searches the boy’s face for some gauge of how he feels. “My name is Vulgaris. What’s yours?

He was never separated from his father as a small child and so he does not know what must be going through Delta’s mind. Of course, he assumes fear and loneliness, but those are abstract ideas for him at this point in life. Solitude is nearly all he knows anymore so there’s no one to long for when he finds himself isolated from the world.
    @[Delta]

Kiss Thy Poison From My Lips

Not being one to become afraid of being alone, he is afraid of those he loves becoming harmed.  When he returns to Loess, he had not feared he would never see his mother again, but he did worry that something bad could have happened to her.  That she could need him.  A silly thought, as he is just a child and what could he possibly do to protect her.  He could be helpful in other ways; supportive, comforting, caring.  

When the stranger lowers his face to a horizontal level and listens with attentive ears, Delta is quick to confess his situation.  Likewise, when the stallion explains he has not seen Lepis -offering to keep him company- a smile spreads across Deltas maw.  It was comforting to know the greyed stallion was friendly and happy to assist him.  A tawny ear flicks forward at the introduction and he is quick to answer with his own title, "Pleased to meet you Vulgaris.  I am Delta."  Bright eyes look to his new friend but concerns still shifts about his mind.

His nose scrunches at his predicament, trying to think of a new plan.  Wandering Loess was not helping him locate his mother, so maybe a new tactic was needed.  Father!  The thought widens his eyes suddenly, "Ummm, will you help me find my father then?"  Surely father would know where mother was...

Delta

@[Vulgaris] @[Arthas] tagging father dearest as maybe they can come across him while looking...?
    Arthas
    It had been a great relief being back in Loess, he missed the kingdom more than anything and he noted the absence of Wolfbane which cause a concern for Arthas. He did his best to fill in while Bane was gone, and with that he tried to be more active in the kingdom rather than exploring about beqanna.

Today he was out to not only greet the kingdom members but to find his two children, they were usually within Loess but he could not seem to find them. He did not have much worry as Delta was a fine young colt who was always protecting his sister, and Mary was smart and would not find herself in a dangerous situation.

The day was coming to an end and the sky was painted with pink and blue lighting, a sight he would never get tired of. He leisurely strolled through the open areas of Loess when he heard chatter in the distant, as he came to a halt he scanned the horizon and his painted son was in view. A smile tugged at his maw as he made his way over to the pair, Delta was with another stallion who was rather similar in appearance to Arthas.

He came to a halt as he reached the pair, he dipped his head in greeting and extended his neck to ruffle Delta's forelock There you are Delta a pain stabbed him as Lepis ran through his mind. The young boys mother had been taken captive in Hyaline, Lepis played with fire and the fire ended up getting her. He was still deciding how to go about it, but first he would need to let young Delta know. His attention flicks to the stallion and he raises his head to match his gaze My name is Arthas, I don't think we met before.

Dangerous Business

@[vulgaris] @[Delta]