• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  somewhere between the sand and the stardust; Levi

His name on her soft lips is a source of joy for him, sending a tremor of electricity dancing along each on his heightened sense. It was an uncommon feeling for one just returned from self-imposed exile, where he had reminded himself of his failures every hour. It is almost too much for a man so long confined to solitude, but he drinks it in thirsty gulps.  She takes his touch, pressing into each measured caress he places on her skin, encouraging more. 

Her mane falls into his face, his eyes, his mouth as he lays greedy kisses along the soft places of her throat. She holds herself against him, and he pulls her close, draping his neck over hers, aligning their bodies so the full length of her side can press into his. He had thought of her for years, ran his mind across her frame, her every contour, on countless nights. But none of them compare to one kiss on her cheek, and here she lets him gorge himself.

thank you for waiting for me 

The rhythm of his touches is interrupted as he draws breath over his tongue. The pause if brief though, and his lips cannot stay away from her supple, pale skin for long. As he returns his mouth to her jawline the touch is gentler, less urgent, and his eyes seek to find her own.

"I had hoped you would come." More, he aches for more, yet he holds back. His words belittle the time he has spent with her in his mind, it is such an understatement that it is nearly a lie. But there is a fear which restrains his passion suddenly. She is not his Dream Rapture;  she is real, she is better. He will not overstep as he has before.

He can't risk it. 

"I think I owe you a tour." He draws away, hoping she will not let the space between them last as he takes a step towards the waves. In the distance, an outlying key is visible - a spit of land made from a half-submerged spent volcano that he happened to call home.  

His smile is a fickle, unpracticed gesture as he looks back to her, but the slight awkwardness of it speaks to its sincerity.  "You're not messing with my vision again, are you?" He asks in a tone much lighter than his usual ashen rumble, "because you're even more beautiful than I remembered." 

Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.

@[rapture]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: somewhere between the sand and the stardust; Levi - by Levi - 09-18-2018, 12:39 PM