• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  somewhere between the sand and the stardust; Levi

She blinks, surprised by his offer or a bit, disappointed, and hope flashes hot in his broad chest. It grieves him to break the flow of their physical communication, but his self-control is rewarded when she does not let the space between them last. 

"Just a short one," he promises as she drifts back into place beside him. But the tall stallion's forward motion halts the second her lips touch his shoulder. With questioning eyes he twists the dense muscles of his neck back and to the side, bringing his own muzzle to the same point as hers, and unintentionally holding his breath so he will not miss a word of her response. He places a light nip on the corner of her mouth when her soft answer follows, the flames along his crest having dimmed to a low smolder as not to burn her. 

"See that island," he says as his gaze cuts away from her for a moment to glance to his makeshift home. "That's where I spend most my days when I'm here." The tilt of his skull remains angled towards her as if he were whispering a secret to his closest confidant, unwilling to keep her out of his sight for long. "I have it all to myself," he adds, as he feels the heavy, mind-numbing anticipation is returning in full force. 

"If you would rather, we could wait for tomorrow for the tour..." he huffs, taking a chance, lowering his voice to match the aura of uncertainty, "I'm sure you have had a long day," his cautious instincts force him to add.

The sounds of the island, crashing waves and cicadas, fade away as he waits for her to scoff or smile; as he realizes that he has, once again, hung his happiness on her answer.

Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: somewhere between the sand and the stardust; Levi - by Levi - 09-27-2018, 02:47 PM