• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A lonely road for just a ghost // Jassal Pony
    Vulgaris
    "  when she's coming for my heart it feels like armageddon. "

The sound of Panthera yowling furiously is like a hymn to his ears and it makes his heart quiver so eagerly in his chest. It can hardly manage the endorphins pulsing wildly through it when the cat scrambles out of the path of his angry teeth. Vulgaris knows he has too much momentum going to stop so abruptly so his options are to either follow the cat’s dash to the side or allow himself to get tangled in the queen’s waiting antlers. Killing and eating the leopard is still in an intriguing notion but letting himself crash into those horns is also not something he gets every day. Choices, choices.

Again there is a fit of guttural laughter, booming and loud enough to echo off the trees around them when she lifts her head and drags him up with her by his fangs. It hurts all the way into his skull but he does not try to pry himself from her grasp just yet. There is a glimmer of something still feral, still so very unrefined in the eye that burrows straight to Kagerus’s soul. A drop of his venom splashes against her cheek and rests there like a precious gem among the raindrops. Good thing it’s not acidic.

He entertains her by listening to her offer. The serpent notes the sultry tone her voice takes on and the way she sounds so deliciously hungry for him when she lays out her deal. Leliana has woven her spell over him, though, and he feels surprisingly detached to the situation at hand. The queen can offer him pain and punishment while the angel threatens to rip his heart to pieces if he makes one wrong move. Wounds turn to scars but the burden of abandonment is an ache that never heals.

Vulgaris unhinges his jaw and slips from her antlers to stare into her eyes. His gaze is smoldering and unblinking while he considers her threat with a hint of amusement. Hard to threaten someone quite like him, isn’t it? But then Panthera is bribing him with a taste of her claws and something like a purr, metallic and reptilian all at once, rumbles from his throat. His blood feels blistering hot as it rolls down his skin.

You want me to forfeit my right to god knows how many fights all for one with your pet?” he asks with a tilt of his head. “You rejected my offer so callously. Why shouldn’t do the same?

He wonders what she would taste like, dripping into his mouth and over his tongue.

I believe you’re only as good as your word, so I can’t make you any promises. How about we both earn some scars and just see what happens later on?

And then he’s smiling with all those terrible teeth glimmering together, stepping a little closer until they’re nearly touching. Being this close feels like he's up on a high wire, like one misstep could send his whole world spinning out of control until it ultimately ends him. His skin feels as though it’s on fire and he can’t wait to see what this moment brings ultimately him.
    @[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A lonely road for just a ghost // Jassal Pony - by vulgaris - 08-27-2018, 02:47 AM