• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A lonely road for just a ghost // Jassal Pony
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

As the ruddy haze drifts across our semi-corporeal forms, it's as if a light goes off in the stallion's eyes. Lower, and in my own body, something trembles; but I still its quaking with a reminder that I am utterly in control here; that I possess the power to do exactly as I please with and to Vulgaris, even if the effects of that power are dismally temporary. A reminder of my limitations; a reminder of my short comings.

Unbidden, Solace comes to mind. Between my ribs, my heart shatters; in the haze of the dream, the tinkling of its crystalline pieces is clearly heard.

Space grows between the viper and I. There's murder in the roll of his growl. My eyes stare elsewhere; caught on something more; wishing for someone else.

He charges, mouth wide and rage unhindered by consciousness; Panthera yowls a warning to me, but it comes too late or perhaps I just choose not to hear it. In the next instant, his jaw encapsulates my throat; pierces my skin; leaves blood mixing with rain. I'm screaming I think, somewhere in the distance; my knees buckle from the pain of the assault, the ruddy haze twisting and twisting and twisting and twisting --

And twisting --

Until the dream snaps.

I'm in the rain, chest heaving, pain radiating from wounds that aren't there; my exact geographical location is utterly unknown to me. By my side, Panthera snarls her hatred... And when I look to her, blood drips from her maw in ruby droplets. I don't remember her attacking him... But she must have.

I'm crying, I realize.

I need to get to the mountain.

@[vulgaris] Take whichever damage you'd like <3
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A lonely road for just a ghost // Jassal Pony - by Kagerus - 09-08-2018, 02:54 PM