• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

after the fire drove out the sparrows; any
    “Dad,” she whispers just as affectionately in return. As he embraces her, her own muzzle find his skin, almost unable to believe he really is back. It is like a miracle she had never dared to dream of. His remark and playful tug is met with a chuckle, and a bump of her own muzzle against Magnus’ shoulder. “Oh hush, I’ve only gotten a couple of years older” she mutters playful under her breath, but Amore allows him to take a look as she takes a step back.

She is no longer the girl that had stayed in Tephra, but a woman now. A mother herself, and bestowed upon with gifts from the goddess herself. Not something to boast with, but a message to carry out. Amorette cannot help it but to smile, touched by not only his words, but also the emotion in his voice. “And you very much look like I remember” she offers gently, closing the distance between them again in favour of gently touching his cheek with her muzzle. “I.. I am so happy to see you, dad.”

It is then that Lucrezia joins them. The ebony woman is reluctant to pull away, but she knows better than trying to claim Magnus for herself. As their eyes lock, Amore dips her head in a small greeting nod at the peacock feathered mare. “It’s good to see you, Lucrezia.” And she means it.

Taking a couple of steps back, Amore gives Lucrezia and Magnus the space they need. For a moment she watches them, then glances away to offer them some privacy. However, not for long, because the question that leaves Lucrezia’s lips is one that Amore could have asked herself. Hopeful dark orbs find golden-flecked ones, and for a moment the tension builds up till it almost feels like it is getting too much.

Of course she had hoped would stay, that he would be back for real, but hearing those words coming from Magnus’ make it real. Tephra had changed much, and not just Tephra, Beqanna in it’s whole. Warrick’s reign under fire, while stability is what they need. It is only then that Amorette realise that she has been smiling widely since the moment he confirmed he’d stay.

“Welcome home, dad.”

Her eyes find his for a moment, then Lucrezia’s, before she allows them to roam across the land around them. The green fields, the rivers in the distance, the looming volcano near the sea. How much had changed, since he had last seen it? “Perhaps you’re a better judge than I, Lucrezia, has Tephra changed much?” To Amore, changes wouldn’t be as obvious, and yet, many things had happened during all these years. “And for better, or worse?”

@[Lucrezia]
    @[magnus]
    Sorry for the wait! This might look a little rush, but wanted to get it up for you both before heading off to bed!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: after the fire drove out the sparrows; any - by Amorette - 08-27-2018, 04:37 PM