• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  but your sweet sinless sensation is not my style; fox
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    Yes, that is exactly what he has been waiting for. Her laugh delights him of course, lovely and crystalline, nearly like a child’s, but it is not what warms him through. No, it’s the way the chill of disdain melts from her lovely features, replaced all too briefly by warmth and what could almost be mistaken for affection. His heart jumps happily inside his chest as a silly grin dances across his lips. And even though that icy mask is back in place all too soon, she’d never be able to deny that she did, in fact, feel something.

He loved that she had shown him her true heart, no matter how brief it had proven to be. No matter that she shifts immediately away, once more putting the safety of distance between them.

Humor briefly touches his features as he teasingly quips, “Keep that up and you’ll smack right into that tree.”

He turns surprisingly more serious then. Her harsh admission had not escaped him, and it saddens him that she has known too much of the evil in the world. With a faint half-smile, almost (but not quite, because wouldn’t she just hate that) sympathetic, he stretches his muzzle forward to press briefly against hers. An acquiescence of sorts. “I could never keep secrets from you Lynx,” he murmurs softly in response. “I don’t even know why I’d want to.”

Of course, with Fox, even such heartfelt solemnity can only last so long. Shifting away, he leans casually against a nearby tree as one brow quirks up in wry question. “You know, I do have to wonder,” he begins before leaning forward slightly, as though imparting a great secret. “If you actually know the meaning of pleasure.”

His expression darkens as a mischievous grin tilts his lips. His amber eyes twinkle, though there is a faintly hungry curiosity hidden there. “’Vastly overrated’,” he continues with a chuckle before his gaze focuses once more on her with an intensity that betrays his less than secret desire. “I’m certainly happy to demonstrate if you don’t believe me however.”
    Fox

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but your sweet sinless sensation is not my style; fox / levi - by Fox - 09-24-2018, 02:42 PM