• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel it in my bones

Hyaline had recently received in influx of big cats, it would seem - feral, perhaps, but intrinsically tied to the high ranking members of this society. Not that they partook in said societies themselves, except when their equine counterparts demanded it. And for what could be said of the Queen of Hyaline, she did not demand it.

Their territories didn't intercept. Being a mountain lion, Svedka kept to the peaks; and being a leopard, Panthera kept to the lowlands. The people of Hyaline were far more accustomed to her presence than they were to his, what with her appearing occasionally alongside Kagerus; the children trusted her more than the adults, funnily enough. Despite her predator instincts, the spotted creature was sentient enough to know better than attack her familiar's subjects. And besides, the little ones were quite cute; Tahti in particular.

But she heard the mental murmurings of doubt and longing ringing through Kag's mind, and so she decided to leave her territory. Another creature - Svedka, the Heart, her lover's brother (the horses had such confusing lives; why marry when you could simply hunt?) - roamed this land, and her familiar found herself needing his guidance.

Panthera could not promise to attain such a thing for Kagerus, but she could promise to satisfy her own curiosity.

It took some time, but eventually, the feline found herself atop a plateau on one of the northern mountains. The heady scent of the male cat flooded her nostrils and made her lips peel back in disgust. Still, she bent low on her haunches, creeping forward through the thin mountain foliage until she could just see him through the leaves; but barely a moment later, the lion raised his head, curled his claws, and growled.

So much for subtlety.

Figuring she ought to make the best of being found out, the sleek predator raised herself to her full height - shockingly large, all things considered - and stalked out of the bush, tail sweeping across the ground and eyes half-hooded.

In response to his growl? A threat of her own, low and rumbling, issued from the breadth of her chest and the marrow of her bones. She glanced to the prey clasped between his massive forepaws, then back up to his near black eyes with her own amber ones.

Hello, Cat.

panthera

@[Svedka] I dont think the last part is telepathy but like, who knows
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    i feel it in my bones - by Svedka - 08-24-2018, 07:52 PM
    RE: i feel it in my bones - by Kagerus - 08-24-2018, 10:27 PM
    RE: i feel it in my bones - by Svedka - 08-27-2018, 03:35 PM
    RE: i feel it in my bones - by Kagerus - 08-30-2018, 04:14 PM
    RE: i feel it in my bones - by Svedka - 09-04-2018, 05:50 PM
    RE: i feel it in my bones - by Kagerus - 09-08-2018, 03:34 PM