• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel it in my bones

She meets his ferocity with her own, matching his prowess with an elongation of her spine and the constant striking of her tail behind her. There is a ripple of curiosity (amusement, maybe?) that sparkles in the depths of his wild eyes; something familiar and enlightening - a barely noticeable window into the soul that truly lies beneath the cougar’s snarling expression. That sparkle lasts for a breadth of a moment, overcome with the burning and blazing fire that is only pure instinct and wildness - unable to outshine the mountain lion’s desires.

It is in this moment (where the lion swallows the stallion) that she leaps, her outstretched paws searching for purchase on shoulder or barrel. He is caught off guard, but the lion rises to meet her - his hind legs balance the heavy muscle of his body as her unsheathed claws find his shoulders, shouldering her weight with a forceful push against her. His own tawny paws reach out to swat at her face or neck to attempt to slice her skin as well as to shove her away from him. He turns his head to avoid the latching of her jaws around his throat, the air hissing near his face as her teeth lock together only inches away.

There is a gurgled shriek that boils in his throat as claw slices through the thickness of his fur and skin, the sensation only fueling the adrenaline that pulses wildly beneath his golden hide. The sounds that rumble from his chest are carnal and terrifying, echoing throughout the mountain-scape shrilly.

Gravity pulls the weight of the cougar back to the earth with a solid thud, but there is no moment’s hesitation when his paws touch the ground. He is already pushing towards her again, bringing any space that could have separated them to nothing. In the midst of the fight - the metallic smell of his own blood mixed with the stale scent from his meal - the mountain lion feels the familiar pin-pricking of the other in its mind. The lion’s eyes flash between blue (a lively color, full of expression) and solid black (like a doll’s eyes: lifeless, still). It’s enough to cause the puma to squeeze its eyes tightly shut, peeling its lips back as another clicking shriek leaves its throat in protest.

With a spitting snarl he attempts to lunge towards her throat, ignoring the painful throbbing across his eyes and head, accompanied by a heavily thrown paw towards the spotted slope of her shoulder or neck. She is a skilled warrior and he is sure that his attempt to find her jugular would go unfruitful.

svedka

@[Kagerus]
    This was fun to write! <3

Messages In This Thread
    i feel it in my bones - by Svedka - 08-24-2018, 07:52 PM
    RE: i feel it in my bones - by Kagerus - 08-24-2018, 10:27 PM
    RE: i feel it in my bones - by Svedka - 08-27-2018, 03:35 PM
    RE: i feel it in my bones - by Kagerus - 08-30-2018, 04:14 PM
    RE: i feel it in my bones - by Svedka - 09-04-2018, 05:50 PM
    RE: i feel it in my bones - by Kagerus - 09-08-2018, 03:34 PM