• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark moon rising; castile

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

They both have had time to think, by now, she hopes.

When the storm is over (perhaps it had taken a few hours maybe a day), Ilma set out to find Lepis. Again. The girl had made good on her promise that she would leave, but, after a quick swoop in the sunlight over the border area between Hyaline and Loess, it was clear that she had not taken that route. A smart thing to do; it was opposite of what she'd said.

So, Ilma got delayed, but she was determined to find Lepis anyway. Great prisoner guard she turned out to be if she just let her escape without consequence. Following Loess' eastern border, she reached the forest, and maybe she was lucky, but the perlino mare just happened to be calling out. Castile, she asked for. Now wasn't that curious; Ilma had only recently met the man, but he seemed the good kind, or at least, one that was trying to be good. Trying was the thing that mattered to Ilma; she was just a bit surprised that the two were compatible at this point.

She lowered herself into a sunlit clearing, shaking her fur and mane. Then, she followed up on the sounds easily. Casually nearing the perlino and navy mare, she made no haste. She'd told her queens that she would follow up on Lepis - if she did not return on time, they'd send someone to check on her and help. Hopefully it was not needed, however.

"Hello again. I had hoped to speak back in Hyaline, but I see you've chosen to make good on your promise." She shudders her wings casually, indicating that following her had not been as much trouble as Lepis might have hoped. But here she was. "Don't worry about me dragging you back instantly; I'll help you find Castile and leave you two to talk a bit, if you want." she offers. Perhaps, maybe, they could mend their relationship over some time. It seemed that whatever was going on between Loess and Hyaline, it was mostly their personal relation that was standing in the way of good diplomacy. While Ilma was prepared for another argument, it was not her intention to continue that route.

That road led to nothing, after all. And besides, it made her incredibly tired and wary.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Lepis] Since it looks like an escape attempt, I can't take the risk of not replying (:. Blocking escape! But I'm going to let you thread with one another, because Ilma is actually such a nice girl. Just not always when someone's stepping on her toes. Wink @[Castile]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    dark moon rising; castile - by Lepis - 08-24-2018, 10:49 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Ilma - 08-25-2018, 11:42 AM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Castile - 08-30-2018, 12:37 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Lepis - 08-30-2018, 01:29 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Ilma - 08-31-2018, 07:08 AM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Lepis - 08-31-2018, 08:04 AM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Castile - 08-31-2018, 12:34 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Ilma - 09-03-2018, 05:00 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Lepis - 09-05-2018, 06:45 PM
    RE: dark moon rising; castile - by Castile - 09-08-2018, 10:48 AM