• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Into the playfield; anyone
    It's not a horse that grazes, not even a shifted bear or wolf or lion; not something one could expect. To most of the horses in the meadow, he probably doesn't even exist. The young man, barely a man, could easily be eavesdropping with his small stature. But with what he's picked up so far - something about politics, something about war - had him decide not to mix with the others in the meadow today. Just like any other day, it seems.

He's always hung out with his mother before and that suited him well. Kybeth's not a very daring colt, not a typical male in the sense of testosterone - even now, in autumn, and being a teenager coming of exactly the age to start getting interested in mares; he just isn't participating. He's young, but he's the serious type, and every bit a prey animal at his core.

In fact, at this height, he sees barely above the grasses. Horses moving, grazing. If meerkats were common around here, nobody would probably notice him. He's the observant type himself, but, that doesn't mean that others will notice after all. But he's content with watching, for now.

Besides, burrowing below ground and eating roots is so much easier than taking 18 hours a day to graze.
    Mary was a curious filly, she has ventured out here and there but her brother was always sent to be her 'protector'. She wanted to meet someone without him! Explore the land without him, who knew were life would take her! She managed to escape from Loess undetected and she ran with it!

She found herself far from home, stumbling into the meadow. She has heard stories from other horses about the meadow but she had never personally visited. Her eyes scanned the area filled with excitement, her pace was fast as she pranced through the meadow. The grass was once tall but the autumn season was beginning to kill it off as it started to lay flat to earth. She looked for other equines but the meadow appeared to be rather quiet today.

She did not mind, she was having fun exploring the meadow by herself. Her eyes caught the attention of a squirrel off in the distant, he was a fat squirrel she thought to herself. She came to a halt and stared at him from her safe distance.....was he a squirrel? She was confused, he looked like one but perhaps he was taller.....perhaps the distance was causing her to be mistaken. She scanned the horizon for others but alas it was just her and this odd squirrel...why was he staring at her like that? It was almost as if he wanted to be in a staring competition... uh....hello.... the words escaped her maw but she almost thought she was crazy for talking to a squirrel.

@[Kybeth]

It takes long, but not forever. It's a young filly, of this season probably, that notices him standing upright and staring. She had been running through the meadow and he'd glanced at her, but only when she stops it becomes staring, and slightly, grinning at her when she realizes it's not an ordinary animal that is looking at her now.

As a meerkat, winning a staring competition is probably the easiest thing to do - at least, with a horse, since that's an animal that is more used to trying to see as much in their surroundings as possible. Kybeth has always relied on others to do that for him instead; he should be living in a tribe but alas, he has not found any other of his second-nature species about the place.

The filly actually outed some words. Kudos for that. He pitches a high-sounding chuckle, giggle almost, and waves at her with his one fore-paw. "Hello. Shouldn't you be with your herd?" he wonders. Or maybe just with her mother, he's not one to mind much. "I'm Kybeth." he continues. As if it's just a normal every-day exchange between horses. Well, to him it is, maybe, but that's not something she would know now, would she?

@[Mary]
    She is convinced that she is crazy and scans the meadow hoping to not find another equine, surely they would condemn her as crazy if they saw her speaking to a fat squirrel. As she fixed her gaze back on the strange creature it begins to laugh and waves its paw at her and she had to blink a few times to make sure this was reality. Shouldn't you be with your herd? the rodent asks.

Mary grows closer to the rodent, she first thought it to be a squirrel but this was surely not a squirrel. It introduces itself as Kybeth and she says it a few times to herself, engraving it to her memory. H...hello...my name is Mary. She cautiously introduces herself I left my home in search of friends. She just wanted to meet some equines she was not related to, some that she could make life long friends with. Mary wanted to follow the footsteps of her father and with it she needed to make friends from all kingdoms, become well known amongst beqanna.

She straightened up her posture and looked back at the rodent So...what are you anyways? her curiosity forces her to poke more into this strangers life. She imagines that he is a shifter, she has heard of equines who could shift into other animals, but she has never met one herself!

@[Kybeth]
    The girl is younger than he, and she is rightly confused; every horse he ever spoke to is. Meerkat’s don’t seem to be native around Beqanna and they all confuse him with squirrels and sometimes even a rat. He grins a bit at her words. ”Right now or when I was born?” he asks, but, he’s not one to tease her any longer. ”This shape is a meerkat. Good for making holes and tunnels in the ground and eating pesky insects.” he announces proudly. ”I can be a horse too. But shifting is tiresome. And eating grass all the time is so boring.” he tells her cheerfully.

He moves forwards on his four paws and circles the greying filly. ”Do you wanna be friends with a meerkat?” he chirps at her. He likes her. She is young and, unlike adult horses, she is not taken aback too much by his small appearance. No prejudice for his preferred shape yet.

@[Mary]
    Right now or when I was born? he was teasing her and she could not help but roll her eyes. She was young and impatient, she just simply wanted to know what type of squirrel he was! FINALLY her question was answered This shape is a meerkat she tilts her head slightly never heard of a meerkat he must be one of a kind. He note that Meerkats are good for making holes and eating insects and she sticks her tongue out with disgust. Yuck!! Why would you want to eat bugs?!

Kybeth notes he can shift into a horse as well, which is a relief to hear! But eating grass is boring, she laughs, the first thing he said that was funny! He moves closer to her do you wanna be friends with a meerkat? She tilts her head at his question, mainly because she was still confused by this meerkat that he was but she nodded her head. Of course! What kingdom do you live in?  father taught her to smell out kingdoms on equines, it did not come easy to her but she could not catch the scent of any kingdom on him.

Why did it seem that regardless of where she lived she was the youngest? She tried her hardest to make friends but the only one she seemed to have was her brother Delta. She lived in Loess and now Sylva, and none of the friends she made stuck around. Perhaps this one would be the first to stay present, or perhaps he would just be another equine for the books.

@[Kybeth]
    Rolling unto his back, he laughs at her yucky face, until he rolls over and taps her leg. "You're funny. It's no different from predators that eat small prey like rabbits, or this-a-one." he points to his own small belly. "It's just that I shift when they try." he chuckles.

Her question that follows right after his, is cute - not where do you live, no, what kingdom do you live in. "None actually. But I probably should go see my father sometime soon. He's in Ischia." he tells her. "But then I'd have to shift first, because I don't think I'm big enough to swim the distance like this." He tilts his head at her. "So you live in a kingdom? Which one? Ever been to others?" he asks curiously.

@[Mary] ugh he needs html but okay
    He eats the bug and when she looks at him with disgust he falls onto his back laughing. His reaction caused a small laugh of her own, he was so fast as a meerkat! The next thing she knew he was beside her leg tapping at her, she looks down to the rodent. You're funny, its no different from predators he explains how the insects are tasty to him. She tilts her head and looks at him are the bugs tasty when you are not a meerkat? that would really be the sight to see! A bug eating horse.

She asks what kingdom he lives in and he responds with none, this guy was full of surprises! He mentions that he would probably visit his father soon, and that he lives in Ischia. She has never been to Ischia, but has heard of the kingdom by her father, there as never anything nice to be said but she did not mention what she has heard. Who's your father? she asks, as if she would actually know who his father is if she heard the name.

He aks what kingdom she lives in, and if she has ever been to another. It was an interesting question because she was born in Loess but recently moved to Sylva because her father was the new king. I live in Sylva, my father is the king. She stands up a bit taller, proud of her fathers accomplishment. I used to live in Loess, my father was the champion there, but then we all moved when he took control of Sylva. She tilts her head thinking of all the friends she has made but shook her head No other kingdoms, you should come to Sylva though! Since you don't have a home. She was innocent, unaware of the truth that lies in Sylva, the fact that evil equines lived there and she was oblivious to it.

@[Kybeth]
    He moves back and forth between her legs, shooing some of the small insects away from her and circling her again. Then his head pops up above the grass as he looks at her, grinning. "I don't think I want to try." he tells her honestly. Why? Because he fears that she's right, that bugs will be yucky as a horse, just like the grass isn't so appealing to him (the roots are more his thing) when he is a meerkat, like he is now.

When talking about kingdoms, she also wants to know about his father. "Brennen. But if you've never been outside your kingdoms you probably don't know him. Who's your dad?" He shrugs. His father is more of a warrior, a general, his mother always said. He has no idea that things have changed since then, that he is a king now and probably more known. But still. She mentions her father is a king. "Why, Princess, you should have told me to properly address you!" he shakes his head in mock, as if it's all his fault, then bows. "I'm sorry for not recognizing your royalty immediately, your highness. Please forgive this meagre bug-eater for the intrusion and neglect of your social status."

She offers him to come over, and he tilts his head back at her. "I will consider a visit, princess. For now, I feel that I should not keep you from your search of friends. Have you considered the playground, if I may ask?"

@[Mary]
    He circles around her legs and she laughs, he acted like a squirrel! He was just fatter than a regular squirrel! He admits he does not want to try bugs in an equine body and she nods her head, it probably wouldn't taste good.

She asks about his father, he announces his father is Brennen, but she probably would not know him. She tilts her head trying her hardest to recall the name but she could not I don't think I know Brennen, but perhaps one day I can! she smiles, a heartfelt gesture to her new found friend. He asks who her father is and she mentions her father, the king of Sylva.

Kybeth mocks her, calling her a princess, and making fun of himself for being a 'bug-eater'. Mary rolls her eyes and bursts out in laughing Kybeth you sillyhead! My father might want me to be a perfect princess, but I am far from it. Her brother Delta was the perfect image of a prince, but Mary did not like rules, she did not want to live under the strict rule of her father, she just wanted to be free!

She offers him a visit and he takes a moment to respond before noting he may in the future, but recommends she continue looking for friends, even offering the playground as an option. She looks to him, she did not want to end there time together but he was probably right. She dips her head and presses her muzzle into the belly of the meerkat Come visit sometime Kybeth! I look forward to meeting again! With it she smiles and turns in the direction of the playground.

@[Kybeth] <3 they are cuties