• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Breckin]

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide

”Klaudius.”

Her voice is airy, maybe too light even, to be fitting of a dampened place like this, issued from the bright opening of the cave that housed him. 

It had been a point of hers to seek out the prisoner they had acquired within Wishbone’s rule; he had been the end result of contract between Nerine and Loess.  She’d be lying to herself, if she couldn’t admit the thought had crossed her mind, why it had been necessary to use Loess to do Nerine’s bidding at all.  Did the Leviathans not have their own strength to pursue such acts on their own accord? But the thought was neither here nor there anymore, and it didn’t really matter--what was done was done.  A contract was a contract, and Nerine’s diplomats would still be required to firstly recruit to Loess before their own home, or at least until the year was up.

The faster the days had gone by, the more she had been apt to understand the ability she had first considered more akin to a curse then a blessing.  There were ways to fine tune it, perceive things to a grander degree, on levels she hadn’t known possible.  It had opened doors and gateways that she now eagerly explored as a young foal might passionately explore the world around her with the truest sense of eagerness.

But she digresses.

Breckin had waited until this moment, for the slightest recognition of confidence in herself and her capabilities to finally approach the well-kept captive.  The cave’s location she had purposefully kept herself from knowing; an attempt to keep her namesake curious nature at bay.  But today she had awoken with her mind set, allowing herself to tap into the veil of rampant emotions surrounding her.  It was not entirely difficult, to pinpoint the the sporadic succession of memories that gave away his whereabouts, and she followed the trail with hastened steps.

”I like that name,” she muses aloud, approaching the stallion directly now, pulling up just short of the twilight woven enclosure. Her head tilts casually a degree to the side in careful curiosity as the deepness of her brown eyes trace his weathered lavender body.

”My name is Breckin.  Do you understand why you are here?”

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

@[Klaudius] she's keeping her title a secret from him from for now, trying to get a read of him before she shares that info XP if thats not cool, lemme know and I'll adjust it!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Breckin] - by Breckin - 08-26-2018, 11:28 AM