• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Breckin]

On, what could be his millionth rotation around his prison cell, the lavender stallion settles within the dark depths of the cavern.  He has grown bored, like that of a feral tiger pacing its enclosure.  A lackluster expression finds his features and his wings fall lose at his sides.  They could cage his body but his mind spun freely -often haunting him through the nights.  Dreams, of a life lived, re-played continually and they were bitter sweet.  He could see their faces here, each one so close and lifelike.  Nightmares come as well, showing him the future of what could be.  

Death. Destruction.  His. Theirs.

Klaudius

Fortunately he is spared these rambling thoughts as an angelic voice coos his name.  Lavender ears perk, for surely this could not be Scorch.  With a slow turn of his face, hazel-silver eyes view a bright figure illuminated by a halo of daylight. As she drew farther into darkness, her coloring remained stark against the cave walls.  

I like that name.

The mares eyes scan over his appearance, judging him, he is certain.  For a moment he considers ignoring her, allowing her to gaze upon him like some attraction at a zoo.  She’d move on to more exciting things.

Do you understand why you are here?

The question pricks at his nerves.  He can feel a snarl rising in his chest but he swallows it hard, best to play nice.  Allowing silence to linger between them, he shifts slightly.  Pulling his feathered appendages to his sides, before coming to meet her face to face, the barrier between them nothing more than a faint line of night and day.  

His eyes study hers.  A certain knowing reflecting in the nutmeg of hers, if he didn’t know, he was sure she was about to tell him.  “Seems securing a home for your family is a crime,” he sneers. He may have committed other acts more worthy of his containment, but he is sure this is his conviction.  “But please, enlighten me,” sarcasm thickly etched into each word...

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Breckin] that's fine.  He's being "nice" XD

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Breckin] - by Klaudius - 08-26-2018, 02:36 PM