• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Breckin]

This is about your life

This simple statement is all that is said before images form from nowheres.  Distant mirages that are both silent and sewn together like patchwork.  A message to be found within its purpose.  A beach. A girl(this girl). A crown.

The scene flickers out and he deciphers it quickly. His silver-hazel eyes look to the queen of Nerine, almost steely in a way.  He does not bend a knee, does not address her more politley.  Queen is nothing but a title, and he does not care for what one call themselves.  She is Breckin, a terrified girl filling the shoes of a failed Queen before her.  That is what he sees.

Her expression remains emotionless as does his, until she asks if he wishes to see his wrong doings.  He outbursts in a manic fit of laughter, demonic nearly.  It only lasts a moment, enough to get his point across of how her attempt to justify their actions was futile.  The second the laughter stops, a sheepish grin creeps across pale lips while he stares just as steadily as hers had been. "You want memories of wrong doings...?" the question rhetorical, "Then I shall show you such memories..." 

He pages through the torn memories of his life.  Those he had wished to forget and those that haunted his every waking moment.  The place where he was born, a dank cavern where the water from stalagmites dripped in a constant rhythm upon him.  His mother, a calloused and calculated slut who showed him little warmth.  He was not gifted, he was unworthy of her love.  The man she entrusted his care too.  A dark forbidding creature with a bloodlust so strong he had witnessed Stillwater drain his mother to lifelessness.  The never ending parade of suitors she would bed to create a child worth her affections.  His little sister Kolera, distraught and lost in Tephra after her powers took control of her.  He had found her, their mother hiding in the brush to see what would happen.  They were an experiment, nothing more.  That is when he left for good.  He left his sibling to fend for herself.  He failed her...

That is when the anger surfaced.  He had spent years mulling over his shortcomings- his failures in life.  That he was not good enough -for anyone.  When he returned to the lands of Beqanna, he was not the same as he had been.  He was willing to do whatever it took to prove he was worth something, but in the end he failed.

Again.

He had failed his sister Krone.  His children. His family.  What he had done, was wrong, but he is a product of his own circumstances.  Failure is all that he has known and it is what the does best.

His eyes flicker to reality, softened just the slightest.  It is brief and not long lasting as he looks to the spotted mare before him, "Was that enough evidence for my damnation Breckin?  Am I the monster you still see?  Cuz I can show you more failures in time... When I am free of this place and we meet again.  This time, my name being screamed from those pretty little lips."  He sneers with amusement at the thought of her under him, a queen begging for him to stop.

Again.

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Breckin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Breckin] - by Klaudius - 09-09-2018, 06:52 PM