• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I love only that which they defend; Tickani/Keeper/Any

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory

Even this many years later, he prefers his cat form to his horse form. The panther feels like his first skin, tawny and sleek, while the equine form he was born in feels strange and foreign. Alas, here in the commons of Beqanna, the cat is not necessarily a welcome sight. No matter the high number of strange occurances and powers amongst the island’s residents, somehow, they always see a predator and think “danger!” before “maybe that’s bob from next door!”. Ryan doesn’t really blame them, for he would be quite dangerous if he really was just a mountain lion, but he detests having too shed the cat for hooves and his own awkwardness. 

If it was dark, he might risk it anyway. The denizens of the night were braver, and less likely to flee from his very existence. But the autumn sun is bright overhead, filling the Meadow with indian summer heat and the last of the year’s wildflowers, so Ryan lets his gold coat shimmer back into place, framed by his natural mulberry color. Hesitant, quiet steps bring him from shadows into the sun, green eyes searching the faces of those already here – though for what, he doesn’t know. He never knows. If he did, perhaps he would have settled down long ago. He tends to stay in Hyaline, where the locals are no longer startled when he walks amongst them with paws instead of hooves, but it has begun to feel cold and empty without Keeper. If she remains, she has lost herself to the bear, who shows no recognition of Ryan when he makes overtures of friendship.

Nobody here looks familiar. Nothing makes his heart race in recognition – not that he was expecting much. The stallion suspects his mother is long gone, and he is no longer sure he would recognize his sire. When he was just a boy, Ryan had been quite sure that if he saw Woolf he would just know it was his sire, but the older he gets, the more he wonders if he’s passed his family a million times and never recognized them. Surely he is not alone in the world – there must be someone out here for him.

Ryan

( I love only that which they defend. )

@[Bruja]/@[Tickaani] , @[Kristin]/@[Keeper] I know you put her away but just in case Wink

Messages In This Thread
    I love only that which they defend; Tickani/Keeper/Any - by Ryan - 08-25-2018, 10:38 PM