• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I love only that which they defend; Tickani/Keeper/Any
    He’s creeping, moving in a fluid way that most equines can’t ever hope to replicate. Many try, because it’s a quiet way of going that those who wish to pass unnoticed envy, but they just don’t think the right way. Actually, strange forms of locomotion is one of the surest way Ryan has found to identify other shifters. It’s easy to cull the strange from a mass of similarly-moving creatures. It’s that sound of not-equine footsteps that has caused him to freeze, wishing all the more he was in feline form. When his panther freezes, Ryan all but disappears into the tall grass.

His gold-and-mulberry equine form doesn’t disappear, even when he freezes. He towers over the grass like this, and the purple isn’t great camouflage. But when Ryan freezes, soon after so do the footsteps stop. The stallion shivers and then inhales deeply, and frowns at the scent of bear and hyaline and he’s quite sure he must be mistaken. The owner of the scent is downwind from him, making it faint, but also close enough for him to have heard. Ryan is sure he is mistaken, prepared to shift again to cat to defend himself against an actual bear, but the voice is as familiar as his own heartbeat and unmistakable.

“Keeper?” he calls out in response, and darts forward in that direction, eyes searching. Now that he’s looking for her specifically, the actual finding goes quickly, and he sets eyes on the mare and a quiet smile flickers across his face, but she’s not looking up to see it. Unable to contain a low hum of pleasure (the cat again…he wants to purr, but his equine body just isn’t equipped for that), Ryan closes the distance between the two of them and presses his body against hers, seeking the comfort and warmth of a friend. More than a friend. “I’ve missed you,” the stallion admits shyly,  and even quieter, “I thought I was alone.”

@[Kristin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I love only that which they defend; Tickani/Keeper/Any - by Ryan - 09-23-2018, 09:28 PM