• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Some questions
    Hello,

I’m brushing through the trait database and had myself wondering some things and maybe you could clear it up ^.^

On the topic of scales a suggestion:
    There’s a 0-space aesthetic variant, but also the 1-space trait ‘scaling’ (#31) and the 2-space trait ‘dragon scales’. Now it seems to me that the 1-space variant offers maybe some protection from puncturing, as opposed to ‘scales’, (like maybe a rough desert lizard/snake or a komodovaran has) but not as much as a dragon scale would, is that correct? But the descriptions of the dragon and normal variant are very alike so maybe the 1-sp should have ‘resistant to puncturing’ instead of ‘immune to’ which seems to me to be more like the dragon scales trait?

On the topic of dragon vision a question:
    Scorch has colour-changing eyes (with mood, uncontrollable) as part of this trait, is that supposed to be Scorch-specific or would any (grand)babies of her that inherit this trait also have colour changing eyes? Or any horse that gets it otherwise?
    Does this change the looks of the eye? For example would they look reptilian (or maybe only when using the trait?)

While I’m at it;
    There’s a Trait Negation in the database and I wonder if this always comes with one of the listed limitations like having to touch someone or only physical or only mental traits etc? Also, is Trait Immunity not the same thing or is there a difference in that an immunity pony cannot protect others, in theory?

Thanks for helping me out
    So many choices to make
    Maybe don’t give me choices next time
    -flops-
    Hey Nilla!

These are some great suggestions/points/questions. We've been talking and have come up with the following answers/solutions.

1) we are going to change the description of the 1-space trait of Scaling to: "A type of body armor consisting of scales that are more resistant to damage than regular skin except along the underside of the horse. The scale color matches the original coat. Alternatively, scales can be scattered on coat." That will make them much more a middle ground between the 0-space aesthetic only scales and the 2-space Dragon Scales.

2) we are tweaking the description of dragon vision to the following: "Can see extreme distances, in the dark, and can switch vision over to see heat signatures. Some users of dragon vision may have reptilian and/or uncontrollably color-changing eyes." So it's up to the player if the horse with dragon vision has reptilian or uncontrollably color-changing eyes

3) Trait negation does always come with some sort of limitation. it's up to the player what that limitation is, but it does need to be run by the officers if it is a limitation that is not already listed in the database. We're tweaking and adding some trait definitions to make this more clear. Mindblocking (2 space) will now be: "The ability to block the effects of all mental traits such as mind reading, dream manipulation, mind control, etc. The user can only block the effects of these traits on themselves." Trait Immunity will become a 3 space trait that incorporates both Mindblocking and all of the specific elemental immunities.
    Thank you! That helps clarify some things and make decisionmaking a teensie bit easier ^.^