• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Change Is On Us ||| ALL KINGDOM
    Arthas
    The dappled stallion has returned to a full Loess, but one without direction. The Yellow and blue stallion he trusted with Loess had vanished without a trace. Arthas had been tending to his family and trying his best to help the kingdom with his position as champion. He had been watching for too long, he decided enough was enough and today was the day for change. 

Arthas casually climbed upon the top of a smaller mountain in Loess, as he climbed the pride of when he was king came flashing back. As he settled himself and gathered a proper pose he raised his hea and a whinny that echoed through Loess escaped his maw. 

He stood patiently as he waited for the kingdom members to come out from hiding to see what the commotion was about. He stood silently and proud, he scanned the horizon looking for his children and he hoped Lepis would make an appearance though he knew she was held captive in Hyaline. 

Once the majority of the kingdom arrived he took a step closer It is a bitter sweet day that I gather you all. His voice did not falter as he scanned all the equines. I called you all to a meeting to discuss our ruler he pauses for a moment gathering the proper wording. There is no doubt that Wolfbane was a good and dedicated leader, but he has not been around for some time. It was no secret, the striped king left with no warning. Loess can not go any longer without a ruler, I am the champion of loess and hope to take rule of our kingdom with your blessing. He fell silent waiting for the others to speak. 

Dangerous Business

OOC: Basically requesting for a vote for Arthas to rule Loess due to the lack of activity from Wolfbane. Feel free to post IC or OOC

If anyone else wants to nominate themselves they can, a poll will take place shortly
    to be eligible to vote you must be a member of Loess and posted within the last month

Permission was granted for kingdom voting

when i run through the deep dark forest long after this has begun,

The wolf freely prowls Loess with an inhibition that only comes from that of a predator - she is sturdy and sure in each step, the padding of her slender paws pressing firmly into the rock and stone and croppings of dying grasses. The cold air is brisk and frigid against the thickness of her dusty-rose fur, steam rising from shining black nostrils with each huff of a rugged exhale. She is large in this form, though there is no bulkiness in the way that she moves. She is lithe and limber, pressing herself tightly to protruding boulders with each turn around them or leaping over various sized rocks that riddle the familiar worn path of her Loessian home.

The wolf’s senses catch the scent of the male long before Dayé’s equine soul recognizes its presence. There is no hesitancy at the swift change of her direction, muddied paws stained brown that once were the creamiest of ivory now pulling the canine to scale up one of the nearby hills, nose to the ground. Her thick tail swishes idly behind her - uninterested, merely bored in her trek - as she nimbly leaps from rocky ledge to another softly sloping ledge, claws clicking on the moss-covered stone.

It is when a call rings out that the triangular wideness of her ears flick forward and her movement freezes, a single foreleg tucked beneath her step as she pauses. Her lips twitch curiously, lifting her long snout to sniff deeper in to the brisk fall air, pinpointing the source of the call not only with sound but with the wind on her side. Her ears slacken and fall against the slope of her skull as she lurches forward into a lope, climbing higher and no longer without purpose.

There are others that surround the tall grey man, but Dayé remains on the outskirts of the group. Her presence does not go by unnoticed, however, for she is sure the scent of the wolf is easily tasted amongst the equines that are littered before her. Dayé’s head is lowered, her shoulders protruding from behind her neck as she stalks the outer rim, the glistening brown of her eyes narrowing on the one called Arthas. Suspicion burns boldly in her irises, hackles of her muddied rose-colored coat rising on her nape. She stops her pacing, the tension palpable as the predator halts with peeling lips. Her jaws snap quickly in succession, an outward physical manifestation of her inner displeasure.

He spoke many words, but the intention is anything but unclear.  

In one singular moment, tooth and claw fall away from the wolf and in its place stands a shimmering golden woman with the softest glint of turquoise blue rippling atop each corded muscle beneath her skin. Ivory locks tangled with debris frame her slender face that no longer is the wolf, yet somehow remains incredibly sinister.

“I will remain loyal to my brother. He is still the alpha.” Her voice is quiet yet unwavering and perhaps there is a throaty rumble of a growl that reverberates as the last word leaves her lips.

She could not sway her loyalty simply because of his absence.  

Dayé

where the sun would set, trees are dead, and the rivers were none.

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

Wishbone had disappeared and love lost is no love at all.

His heart followed her, wherever she’d gone, and that meant his body must follow too. At first he’d been nonchalant about the escape; Loess was in good hands with her previous King as champion, should the need arise. Then the days grew longer and the nights colder, with no Wishbone in sight or mind.

Bane was stuck on the edge of a knife’s point, to give up the childhood mate he’d always dreamed of having as his wife, or to return where he was needed most - with his people?

A forlorn sigh and the flap of his wings sent him home, where the striped drake had promised to guide and protect those who supported him. Wishbone, in all her glory and lovely attitude, would have to wait.

Ironically he arrives at the moment of his usurpation, a wry grin spreading over his lips at the sight of his mentor standing tall where once he’d accepted the crown. The pegasus stallion doesn’t begrudge Arthas one bit for doing his duty, his job. In fact there’s nothing but a warm smile as he circles and calls out to the thin gathering - no doubt taking them all for a surprising twist.

“Arthas,” He gushes, once his colored hooves have struck the silted earth and lead him forward through the throng, “thank you.”

However, there’s no hesitation when he glides up the incline to take point beside the dappled Champion. “What our guardian says is true - I left in hopes of finding Wishbone, knowing that should worse come to worse our home was left in solid standing. I return now, bitter with the knowledge that Nerine’s once queen is gone from my life.”

His eyes, stoic and fresh with new purpose, turn to the rest. “That same life now belongs wholly to you, Loess.” His wings, pale and broad, tuck themselves to his sides before he finishes neatly with, “Take your pick, I have no quarrel with Arthas and never will. If his guidance is necessary and wanted, I will happily step down. However, I personally feel there’s more to come from me … what say you all?”

WOLFBANE

OOC: For clarity's sake, @[Lepis], @[vulgaris], @[Mary], @[Sawtooth], @[Delta] and @[Kaurma] will have a vote, as they posted within the August time frame.
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]
    Like the shadows stretching across the lands, she remains forever moving.  Forever changing.  Nothing but the light of day controls these movements and today they do just that.  She can hear them whispering from these shadows, wondering what has happened to their leader, Wolfbane. "Fuck", she curses under her breath.  It was her shot to ascend the ranks quickly and without rebuke.  Now he has vanished...

She mulls over the thought of starting over, it only irritates her more.  Bastard, is her only thought, but through the vile words knocking around her skull a calling rings out.  An announcement and with a devilish smirk she half thinks Wolfbane has returned to announce her new position. "Finally, nothing like waiting a fucking eternity," she grumbles low before slinking from the depths of darkness.  The farther she draws near, the more voices she hears.  Distinguishing each as separate entities that she doesn't know. Fuck.  A new successor.  Ruined, its all fucking ruined!

Just then, she hears another voice.  This one, a familiar tone of angels humming a chorus.  The grin returns to her blackened lips, as does the beat returns to her dark heart. "Wolfbane," she hisses in almost a sweet way.  Winding her way to the meeting, she travels quickly -unnaturally.  Ever cautious of the daylight, she must wait for the shadows to stretch to them before she can move closer...

Once they do, her bayed body arrives amongst them.  Amber eyes upturned to meet the golden stag, "Wolfbane, how convenient of you to show up at the last minute."  With an amused twitch of her lip, she adds, "I think we should give him a second chance..." lets not screw it up, she wants to add.

Her gaze does not leave him, she has no interests in the others.  Not when everything was riding on this one moment...
    Kaurma
    What goes around, comes around

So... yeah... She did that lol   *I did think about compulsing everyone to vote one way XD*
    Be Warned:
    She exhibits Compulsion and 
    will try to use it to get info
    or whatever she is needing.
    PM me with ?'s or concerns!

Kiss Thy Poison From My Lips

Eventually he had been found, though his mother had not.   Father came for him that evening, him and Mary returned from the playground -the same night he met a stranger named Vulgaris.  The stallion seemed nice and he was happy to not be all alone for the moment.  Nothing made him happier than seeing his father though.  He was his idol and one day, he wished to be just like him.

Father gathered Mary and him in the next few days.  Telling them to follow and of course they did.  The dappled stallion then climbed atop one of the many knolls of Loess and called a gathering.  Delta listened as his father spoke and immediately he knew what was to happen here.  

It wasn't long before others appeared, including a golden stallion with ivory wings. This stallion took a place next to his father and together they agreed to a vote.  Delta wasn't sure his would count for anything -he was only a child- but once a lull in the voices offered him a chance to speak up, he didn't hesitate, "I vote for Arthas, my Father to be king." Not positive what that meant or required, it still sounded important and his father was one of three important things in his life...

Delta

Im not sure why he has turned so Simba-ish on me lol (or maybe Zazu XD )
    Vulgaris
    "  when she's coming for my heart it feels like armageddon. "

Vulgaris has been busy. Maybe not busy in the right ways, what with the attempted assault on Kagerus and corrupting of Pond, but busy nonetheless. He comes when he is called and finds himself among several he has not had the pleasure of meeting just yet. Daye does not introduce herself but she mentions being Wolfbane’s sister, which tells him a little about who she is. She casts her vote as could be expected of her after shedding her wolfskin.

Then Wolfbane joins the group and explains his absence as well as some assurance that the votes would not be held against anyone. It’s a shame they couldn’t come to better terms before today, he thinks. He rather likes them both and the idea of choosing one over the other leaves a sour taste in his mouth. Then there is another he doesn’t know. This one is all callous and fire, which he always likes in a girl. She also casts her vote for the current leader.

Finally, he watches little Delta vote for his father. A faint smile shows on the serpent’s face as the boy sticks up for Arthas. At last, it feels like his turn to vote and he steps forward, scales shimmering in the cold autumn air.

I like the both of you, so please don’t misunderstand,” he explains as he shifts his weight casually. “I cast my vote for Wolfbane. If he falters again, then we should gladly give the crown to Arthas.

Maybe he’s too forgiving or he’s gotten soft, who knows. He resumes his silence and observes the others for the time being.
    It was almost as if he had summoned Wolfbane, no sooner than he finished speaking did Wolfbane appear from off in the distance. The appearance of the yellow and blue stallion made a smile grow on his face, his intentions to take the crown were not negative and he was only looking out for the best interest of the kingdom.

A mare he had never met spoke up, she did not introduce herself but noted her to be Bane's sister and that she would rule under him. He understood, and a noble stance it was to take. Bane climbed up beside Arthas and the dapple stallion dipped his head good to see you again Bane he spoke softly so only the ruler could here.

The others spoke and all remained loyal to Wolfbane, although his dearest children added there voice standing up for Arthas, it was nice and made a smile tug at his lips. He dipped his head once to all the kingdom members I am glad that our ruler is now back, and I apologize for your loss of Wishbone. he turned his head to gaze at Bane, aware of the feeling of loss. His gaze flicked back to the crowd I hope you do not think my actions were for myself, merely it was for the kingdom. I will reside once again as Champion aside our ruler Wolfbane. He stepped back a few steps allowing Bane to be front and center should he need to say more.

@[Wolfbane]
    OOC: wanted to get this up quick, no need to do a poll as most IC voted for bane anyway :p

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

Respect; it runs deeply through his bones and reflects in his gaze when Arthas welcomes him home. Wolfbane knows that at the heart of things, his dappled mentor had been the anchor drawing him back to duty, responsibility. Everything he has is because of Arthas … living with the knowledge that he’d disappointed the only father-figure who ever believed in him? Impossible.

Turning back to face the rest, Bane expects there to be doubt. Popularity was fickle as flame without action to back it up and his actions of late hadn’t been exemplary. Still, Dayé rallies for him (beloved sister; family ties run deep in their history) and aside from Arthas’ own son, perhaps someday heir, it seems the others haven’t yet lost hope. He’s honored, though the blue mask covering his face relays nothing but stoic acceptance. Only Kaurma’s presence sparks some sort of reaction in him: a dull, monotonous, trance-like smile winds over his face and reminds him of something she’d willfully pressed into his psyche just before he’d gone.

As Arthas withdraws, the words she complused into him spill out against his will. “Everyone, welcome Kaurma -” the drone-voiced stallion says, “-my consort and Queen.” He chokes out, instantly forgetting why or how such an event had come about but nonetheless, it happens.

He blinks, feeling a heavy fog lift from his mind, and continues on with what he’d originally intended to say, “I’m … aware of our current status with Hyaline. For now steer clear of their borders; I intend to remedy the situation quickly and sharply.” He explains with the subtle backwards flick of his golden ears. “As for my ranked associates, be ready;” He smirks, casting a knowing eye to the hungry-looking viper, Vulgaris, “your time of pleasant stasis is over.”

It was past the hour that Loess should wake from her brief slumber.

WOLFBANE

OOC: Long story short, Kaurma has corrupted Bane with her powers into up-jumping the ranks. None would be aware of this but his reaction to her compulsion (hazy, seemingly detached) can be clearly seen/distinguished.

Arthas is already aware of his tasks and has begun them by visiting our potential allies, starting with Nerine. Lepis and Wolfbane will also be talking/working out new goals for Loess.

@[Dayé], @[vulgaris] I'll be posting some tasks for you two shortly, keep an eye open on the sticky threads! Smile

Everyone else, keep doing what you're doing, lovelies! If you'd like to post with Wolfbane just give me a shout over PM or tag me in the thread <3 Feel free to reply to this thread too, of course!
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]