• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Are The Rumors True? ||Breckin, Any||
    The question had only just slipped past her dark lips, when the sound of padded feet stalking closer causes her attention to turn away from Arthas.  First instinct brings a guarded expression to her features, awaiting to see they were to be joined by a fellow comrade or something more predatory.  It just so happened to be a unique melding of both possibilities, she realizes, as her eye warm ever so slightly in greeting towards the spotted stallion.  They had yet to meet, but she was aware of his presence all the same in Nerine, and she is contented and thankful to have him present for this meeting.

”Hello Rome,” she replies in acknowledgement of his own gesture of greeting.

Pale ears flicker attentively, and dark eyes train back to the dappled Loessian. ”Thank you,” she says softly with a small nod of her head.  Wishbone’s hasty departure seemed to cause a minor upheaval of unrest, especially with the kingdom of Loess and Wolfbane’s flight after her.  But even then, Breckin is not truly saddened by the bay mare’s indulgences in satisfying her wanderlust; it was something the leopard mare had known herself.  And for all intents and purposes, she could not shake the stubborn faith that the brazen young woman would return to them once more, if only in her own time and when she was truly ready.

But in that short silence that falls between Arthas’s words, she can’t help but suspect that is the only reason for his sudden visit.  And she only needed to wait a moment longer to confirm her rising suspicions.  It causes her to smile, allowing the touch of emotion to meet marginally with her eyes before responding.

“The contract terms will still be honored as previously discussed.  It might not have been formulated under my guide, but I have no justifiable reason to retract our end of the deal.  Nerine’s recruiters will still offer Loess first to potential recruitees, at least until the year is fully passed and the contract is deemed complete.  Are you interested in discussing future contracts while you are here?”

There had been a second part of the contracted agreement that Nerine had been obligated to fulfill, and it was one that had been carried out some time ago now, before Wishbone had left.  The recipient of said part of the deal had seemed to rouse an upheaval of unrest recently between Loess and Hyaline, and Breckin felt certain obligations to address the issue outright.

“I trust Lepis is enjoying the restored use of her wing?”  This was a sensitive subject the Leviathan leader  was beginning to tread upon, but all the same, it needed to be addressed.  She spares a quick glance to the Nerinian warrior nearby, raising a brow with subtle amusement, carefully formulating words as she returns her dark stare back to Arthas.  ” I am told she is now residing in Hyaline for some time as a result of her actions.”

BRECKIN

call me forward when the crown falls

@[Rome] @[Arthas]

Messages In This Thread
    Are The Rumors True? ||Breckin, Any|| - by Arthas - 08-29-2018, 07:20 PM
    RE: Are The Rumors True? ||Breckin, Any|| - by Breckin - 09-02-2018, 10:41 AM