• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Create, explore, expand, conquer || Breckin ||

WOLFBANE

He’s never been the type of creature who didn’t appreciate what was given, or take what was offered. If Breckin was nothing more than an apparition, just a ghostly haunt of something that Wolfbane would always be seeking, then he would take this opportunity right now to enjoy the feeling of her so real and alive beside him. He pushes everything else away - too enticed by the idea of creating a world where only she exists - and forgets about the past, present, or future. Only the hushed sound of dusk and the feeling of her lips are tangible.

The wing she settles under expands, a snowy fan of gleaming feathers that cascade over her back and side, hoping to shield her somewhat from the oncoming bite of a dropped temperature. Bane himself can hardly stifle the warm, nearly proud grin that shapes his mouth, and in the end he chooses not too at all. “I honestly haven’t felt this happy in a while.” He admits to her, “Not since being crowned, aside from your first visit of course -” Her companion added quickly, throwing Breckin a somewhat sheepish look, “- but even then...” He falls off, the air of something unsaid taking over.

Bane knows she’ll understand, anyways.

“You make me happy, Breckin.” Was what he was trying to say, and Bane presents her this knowledge without expectation of receiving anything back. He doesn’t know if he’s capable of being everything she needs, (those things are for her to divulge, in good time or never at all) so the uncomplicated truth is what he says instead. “That matters to me, above politics or kingdoms and crowns.” He murmurs, determined that she should hear it from his own lips, before he lost the chance.

Even through all the shit and muck of his childhood, watching his father (a man turned idol by his actions and loyalty) deteriorate into something so horrible and cruel, Bane had known that the truest, purest knowledge of their existence was something Longclaw had already figured out when he met Femur.

“Loess’ borders will always be open to your wandering, and my ears are always available for listening.” The pegasus says.

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Breckin]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]
    “I want you to be happy, Bane. You deserve to be.”

It was true, probably one of the most sincerest statements she had made towards him.  “But I hope you're not basing all your happiness off of me”  She’d practically winced as she had said it.  The good humor and quick remarks were such an easy disguise to hide behind, definitely one of her best personas—even if it had gotten her into some trouble.  “I’m not whole,” she paused, searching for words that couldn’t possibly describe what she wanted to. I’m just pretending to have my shit together; I have powers I can’t completely control, I’ve lost a friend, I inherited a kingdom, I don’t have a family to fall back on, I have no memories of my own from before I came to Beqanna and I lost a chance at love. 

“I don’t know what I’m trying to say.”  Usually so eloquent with speaking, all her grace seemed to have frustratingly vanished with her last breath.

“That matters to me, above politics or kingdoms and crowns.”

Please don’t tell me that. Don't make me believe so easily that I have a chance with someone else so quickly; someone willing to put me above everything else important in his life. 

As much as she tried to deny her deservance of the striped stallion's affections, a deeper part of her knew that she'd already taken a step down that path with him.  And he made her happy too, with this simple companionship they had so easily stumbled into.  It's a sentiment she shows him by the way she relaxes under his outstretched wing, seamlessly melting into the warmth of his sapphire and gold side, and once again moving her lips over the pattern that falls into his chest.  It was mostly her heart that would need to endure the patience of mending, and eventually it would just like all things do with passing time.  But today it was not ready to give away yet, and at least this time around, she had learned something from the last time she'd felt these odd stirrings of attraction.  And frankly, she cared entirely too much for the Lord of Loess to lie to him now or flee entirely.

She stops her methodical tracing to meet the olive gaze looking so intently back at her as the night grew dimmer around them.  "I can't promise you anything beyond this night right now, Bane."  Sadness and guilt darkened her expression, somehow refraining from the urge to reach out and touch again in reassurance that there was still the possibility of a future, that she just could not commit to anything for the time being.  He needed to hear it anyway she knew and she despartely hoped that he would understand at least somewhat.  And so she gives him the small space between them, offering him the opportunity to pull away from her spotted side if he wanted to walk away from her complicated self.

There's something else he needs to know before he makes the decision to leave or stay the rest of the night with her.  "You will always at least have a friend in me."   The Nerinian queen had broken her gaze briefly, searching for nothing in particular in the growing darkness of dusk.  But with a glimmer of burgeoning heat behind her brown eyes, she fashions a simpering glance that looks back to him again.  And I will never regret giving you this night of mine.

@[Wolfbane] sorry the rambling got away from me lol

WOLFBANE

Show him one horse that was whole and Bane would show you his ass. This world of theirs wasn’t fit for the perfect or the best; it was fashioned for chaos and inevitable loss. He understands what she’s trying to say, though he partially wishes she wouldn’t. “The girl’s a red flag, a wildfire. Another Wishbone.” His conscious warns, quick to wound him from the sense that he might be losing himself to something which was never really his to begin with.

He gathers the hint.

Stubbornly he refutes it, encouraged still by the way she remains at his side and the soft pattern she draws over his skin. There’s a sense of lingering desire that he hopes she won’t discredit (can she feel his heart thunder in his chest?) And he wants so badly to take away the pain she covets. Breckin tells him no promises but Wolfbane only sees fear; he’s treading down a path someone else has already razed to destruction. Her adoration, her trust, her love … these things Bane feels he could earn from her if given the time … all suddenly cease to exist when she finally parts their comfortable embrace.

Clouded once by lessons learned, his olive eyes sharpen distinctly and Bane curls her feather cloak back to his side where it belongs. “Friends, then.” The wild drake grins, belying only casual happiness when inside he cringes too. “I’m not …” He starts, and then changes his mind, “Khaleesi I would regret it.”

Certainly she could see: not even one night was worth spoiling the regard he had for her. Perhaps someday … maybe someday she’d understand it as well. “Take what I said to heart, but don’t beat yourself up about it.” He finally laughs, after what had seemed like an eternity of quiet bliss. “And if you ever want anything more than my regret, you know where I’ll be waiting.” He promises, eyes glinting in the new-dark.

Selfishly, because he knows he can and because he wants to, the line of his mouth searches out her forehead again to leave a parting, silent goodbye before trotting ahead and leaping into the arms of an ever-waiting sky.

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Breckin] I’m calling it “Breckin brain” from now on (your ‘rambling’ lol) but summary: he’s gone and now our timelines can be all caught up! xD
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]